Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished upgrading basically everything on my main player. She's always served me well, and no matter what I pick up, it seems I always come back to playing this guitar. I'm probably never going to get rid of this guitar, so I figured, fuck it. UPGRADE EVERYTHING!!!

So by the end she got a set of Sperzel locking tuners, black edge pro II bridge, new nut, killswitch, Seymour Duncan Custom/Jazz pickups, custom wiring (killswitch, push/pull coil tap, single volume control, and 3 way blade switch) new trem springs and a good solid cleaning. I've also got a tremstopper and a brass big block on the way from floyd upgrades and those will be going in the next time I change my strings.

Enough talk! Onwards, to pics!!!

Enjoy.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Nice! :yesway:

·
Banned
7,428 Posts
Wirelessly posted (A Destroyer of short people: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Love that knob :eek:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
That looks sleek!

Bring it over, I want to hear it/your skills :yesway:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks great :D. Not too sure on the truss rod cover but it does somewhat match. Where did you get the volume knob if you dont mind me asking? I've been hunting for one like that for a while...

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great :D. Not too sure on the truss rod cover but it does somewhat match. Where did you get the volume knob if you dont mind me asking? I've been hunting for one like that for a while...
Ebay. I have an extra, actually. Since it came in a pack of two.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
I would like to see Ibanez make an RGAT (RG Arch-Thru) with a fixed bridge. That would be pretty hot :yesway:

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I like the idea of the killswitch being located where the volume pot originally was.

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
SPEEEEED HOOOOLES!!!
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was playing my guitar today and I thought about making an appreciation thread because of how much I love it, but alas, I relinquished myself to simply bumping this one.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I have one of these (with offset dots instead of sharkies) and they are asskickin' guitars. :yesway: Great looking axe, Yarr.

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
Indeed -- RGT's are probably some of the best non-prestige RG's around, imo. My friend used to have a while back, and it was pretty awesome. He had one of the early 2000s ones with the TRS-II Licesned floyd. But if you put a OFR in that, you have a killer guitar.

Ibanez should do more neckthrough RGs.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Indeed -- RGT's are probably some of the best non-prestige RG's around, imo. My friend used to have a while back, and it was pretty awesome. He had one of the early 2000s ones with the TRS-II Licesned floyd. But if you put a OFR in that, you have a killer guitar.

Ibanez should do more neckthrough RGs.
Agreed. I've been wanting to change this bridge forever. At the risk of shitting up Troy's thread of win, here's mine, with a D-Sonic/Air Norton combo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts