Metal Guitarist Forums banner

Outdoor pics of my RGT

3K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  Varjo 
#1 ·
I just finished upgrading basically everything on my main player. She's always served me well, and no matter what I pick up, it seems I always come back to playing this guitar. I'm probably never going to get rid of this guitar, so I figured, fuck it. UPGRADE EVERYTHING!!!

So by the end she got a set of Sperzel locking tuners, black edge pro II bridge, new nut, killswitch, Seymour Duncan Custom/Jazz pickups, custom wiring (killswitch, push/pull coil tap, single volume control, and 3 way blade switch) new trem springs and a good solid cleaning. I've also got a tremstopper and a brass big block on the way from floyd upgrades and those will be going in the next time I change my strings.

Enough talk! Onwards, to pics!!!

Enjoy.

See less See more
#15 ·
I know, right?! Too bad I don't know how to do anything cool with it. I don't even have an expression pedal do the wah/whammy stuff from "Jordan". At least there isn't a volume pot there anymore. :lol:

There aren't any pics of the neck joint :( That would be a worthwhile guitar to own if the neck joint is pretty enough.

#19 ·
Indeed -- RGT's are probably some of the best non-prestige RG's around, imo. My friend used to have a while back, and it was pretty awesome. He had one of the early 2000s ones with the TRS-II Licesned floyd. But if you put a OFR in that, you have a killer guitar.

Ibanez should do more neckthrough RGs.

#20 ·
Indeed -- RGT's are probably some of the best non-prestige RG's around, imo. My friend used to have a while back, and it was pretty awesome. He had one of the early 2000s ones with the TRS-II Licesned floyd. But if you put a OFR in that, you have a killer guitar.

Ibanez should do more neckthrough RGs.
Agreed. I've been wanting to change this bridge forever. At the risk of shitting up Troy's thread of win, here's mine, with a D-Sonic/Air Norton combo.

#25 ·
Yeah man, they are sweet. I owned 4 at one time. I just sold 2 of them to make room for my incoming Bowes 28 fret. There's never been a time in my life that I was ever unhappy with buying one. There's a lot better out there, but I really like them.

Also, I def demand that you make a bucktooth vid so I can poke holes in your execution of the breakdown riff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.