Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

0:00 to 2:29: Just another regular old Crowbar song. Nothing special.

2:30 to 3:59: One of the doomiest, most beautiful, crazy-heavy-Black-Sabbath-meets-Thin-Lizzy riffs put to record. In my humble opinion, of course.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

Best ride out ever.

Of course, the difference is these are all awesome songs. Crowbar just happened to get lucky by tacking a cool part onto the end of another shitty Crowbar song.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Dunno about SAVING the song, but the outro to Bark at the Moon is heaven on Earth.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Dunno about SAVING the song, but the outro to Bark at the Moon is heaven on Earth.
That is my problem with the thread. I can come up with cool outros all day long, but not from songs that otherwise suck, since I don't listen to shitty songs. :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Same disclaimer about the Songs not really sucking, but meshuggah's "Straws Pulled at Random" and Strapping Young Lad's "...in the Rainy Season" both have spectacular outros.

·
CA Manager / RHLC
1,399 Posts
I don't think it's a bad song but 3:30 onward is vastly more enjoyable than the rest of the song

·

745 Posts
Can't find it full on youtube, but the outro to Dream Theater's 'Best of Times' (guitar solo - it's amazing!) is the only reason I like the song.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
I've always liked the ending of "The Chain". I think that's actually the only part of the song I like!

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
That bit at the very end of November Rain where the song fades out, then comes back in with that soaring Slash lead line absolutely makes that song listenable for me. Even if I have to get through six minutes of Axel balladry to enjoy it.

Reactions: caughtinamosh

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Dude :yesway: noodles for mentioning the "Chain" outro. Fucking awesomeness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts