Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading several threads on mylespaul I have decided I needed opinions from people who own high gain amps :cool:

·
Tr00 Kvlt
5,914 Posts
Thank you for your reply tom! So a hum(b) and p90(n) would be a good choice yes? :)
Great choice! P90s Scream for leads...... as soon as I have a guitar that actually has a place for one, i'm going to get a 7 string P90 or possibly two built to fit in the humbucker cavities. (A Schecter would be nice for this....imagine a Blackjack all decked out like a Les Paul)

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
You're all inspiring me to try pulling the JB/Jazz out of my Les Paul and re-trying the stock 490/498 pups. They've been out for 6-7 years. I assume they're more P90-ish. Why can't I decide whether I want fucking Blackouts or vintage-output humbuckers? :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Great choice! P90s Scream for leads...... as soon as I have a guitar that actually has a place for one, i'm going to get a 7 string P90 or possibly two built to fit in the humbucker cavities. (A Schecter would be nice for this....imagine a Blackjack all decked out like a Les Paul)
Calling Eric! :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Calling Eric! :lol:
:lol:

My Schecter C7 Blackjack has two humbucker sized P-90s in it. Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe made them. He is great to work with and his prices and service are outstanding.

P-90s are great from everything from Black Sabbath to AC/DC to Led Zeppelin. They won't do the modern djent stuff but most everything else you're golden. They're big,fat,screaming tone machines. I :wub: em.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I hate you Leon. :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
I jammed on a Fender Jazzmaster for a while one time and the P90's sounded spectacular for lead work.

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol:

My Schecter C7 Blackjack has two humbucker sized P-90s in it. Pete Biltoft at Vintage Vibe made them. He is great to work with and his prices and service are outstanding.

P-90s are great from everything from Black Sabbath to AC/DC to Led Zeppelin. They won't do the modern djent stuff but most everything else you're golden. They're big,fat,screaming tone machines. I :wub: em.
Eric can you post pics or make a thread please? I'm having the darnest time looking through all your posts to find something :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts

Not the best picture, but a picture nonetheless. It's on the right.

Also I want that purple RG565. A lot.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts

Not the best picture, but a picture nonetheless. It's on the right.

Also I want that purple RG565. A lot.
That thing sounded amazing thru the blackstar :yesway:

I kinda want to build a LP7 and have pete wind me a couple P90's for that nice vintage tone

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
P90s are awesome, but you'll need a ton of noise gating for any high gain stuff.

Tony Iommi used P90s in the early '70s in his SG Special.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts