Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
I fucking love Pagan's Mind.

You like Nocturnal Rites too? Very similar IMO. Maybe less proggy than Pagan's Mind. Totally listen to them on the down low since I am ashamed of liking such extreme power metal, but I can't get enough of this song.

CUTSSSSSS LIIIIIIIKEEEEEEEEEE A KNIIIIFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEE

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
That's one of my most favorite metal albums ever. I can imagine the Dream Theater guys listening to this album while holding hands, crying, and wondering what they've done with their lives.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
I knew that would be your response as soon as I saw the video. :lol:

Nocturnal Rites is pretty cheesy, but I :wub: them.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
PM is quite good live - the records I'm "eh" about, but every time I've seen them - including opening for them a few years back to about 50 people - they've totally delivered.

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wirelessly posted

I think, from the live videos I've watched, they're better live than on record. Unusual for this sort of band.

I bought the most recent album about a month ago. Just started listening to it this week at work. It's a bit too pop metal. And the vocals sound autotuned or processed to hell. Shame, because his slightly weird, throaty, Ozzy-with-more-ability voice is one of the best things about the band.

·
Super Moderator
8,927 Posts
I love Pagan's Mind. I like how they've focused more on refining their songcraft from album to album and throwing interesting left turns into the songs rather than on making everything long and drawn out with tons of meedly-meedly, like some other prog metal band I could name.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts