Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pandorum (2009) - IMDb

What's that you say?

Creepy giant space ship? Dennis Quaid? Hot french chick? Mexicans stereotyped as gardeners who become ninjas? Aliens?! HOW CAN THIS BE BAD, RIGHT? WASN'T EVENT HORIZON THE SAME THING WITHOUT MEXICANS?!

Well, it can, because I watched it last night, and it sucked. :noway:

·
Habitual Line Stepper
490 Posts
I actually kind of dug Pandorum but it may be due to the fact that it was 3 am, I was alone and fell asleep right after which was followed up by some pretty twisted dreams!

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
LOL - So get this story. I got Dish Network installed in my house the day before a WEC PPV event, cuz I planned on having friends over to watch it. I don't have a landline phone, so I had to test the purchasing PPVs online feature. I bought Pandorum, and it worked.... but the movie is STILL sitting on my DVR waiting for me to watch it :rofl: That was April.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It could have been good, but Quaid was the wrong casting choice. Malcom McDowell would have been a much better fit. I liked the main character, but the whole Mexican ninja thing, the black cannibal dude, and the whole out-of-phase-camera nonsense killed it for me.

There were tons of parts that just drew on for no reason. For example, when Quaid first encounters the kid, and he's yelling at him "WHATS WRONG, WHATS ON THE BRIDGE", the kid replies with a moan. And then the repeat that "dialog" for like 3 minutes, and that's the end of the scene. It's fuckin' pointless. :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Shame, the trailer looks good. Then again I hated Sunshine, so I might like this :lol:

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
I just watched Pandorum. I dunno what all the hate was about. I thought it was fucking awesome.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I've had this sitting on my Sky+ for about 6 months and haven't watched it yet, mostly because we're always fire fighting to have more than 10% free space due to all the damn d-grade horror movies the wife insists on recording, then never having the time to watch. But we can't ever delete, she really wants to see them :mad:

·
Socially Awkward
328 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/6.1.25577/25.729; U; en) Presto/2.5.25 Version/10.54)

I rather enjoyed Pandorum.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
My mate asked me if I'd seen this the other day, I confused it with something else and said yes :lol: Just watched the trailer, it looks OK but I'd wait for someone else to trade money for it :lol:

Also, if the hot 'French' chick you're referring to is Antje Traue, then she's actually a hot German chick. :yesway:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts