Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listening in on some new material from Parkway's upcoming release "Deep Blue." Their latest, "Horizons," pretty much changed me, so I've been anxious to hear their follow up.

I've gotta say I'm kinda disappointed. It sounds like leftover riffing from Horizons that never made it on that record in addition to lots of oxycontin abuse :ssharp::ssharp:. Sounds to me like they lost a lot of their energy, lots of drony sections that don't groove hard enough for my own tastes.

What do you guys think?

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
Sounds about as good as all their other albums..........which isn't very good.
I've never understood the appeal of this band at all to be honest, they are just another mediocre, heard it all before mallcore style metalcore band to my ears, but I guess this is what kids like these days:noway:

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Sounds about as good as all their other albums..........which isn't very good.
I've never understood the appeal of this band at all to be honest, they are just another mediocre, heard it all before mallcore style metalcore band to my ears, but I guess this is what kids like these days:noway:
This is unfourtunally how i feel too.

·
18,790 Posts
I opened for them a year ago with my old band, really solid live, great energy, and really cool guys (ended up chatting with one of the guitarists for a while out by our vans). That said, I never really had any interest in checking out their albums, as the songs didn't really do anything for me.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
The singer, a guitarist and bassist from my old band started a new band, that sound exactly like PWD in most of their songs, and we even covered 'Carrion' in my old band, even though I don't like PWD.

At least now I know why they called the band 'Horizons' :roll2:

p.s. It sounds awful :lol:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
well then fuck ya'll! LMAO! :wub:
I actually like Parkway Drive a lot, but since you had a pretty negative review and I know they're not really what the majority of this board are into, I was expecting a lotta hate so I opted out. :lol:

·
\m/ Tits & Beer \m/
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually like Parkway Drive a lot, but since you had a pretty negative review and I know they're not really what the majority of this board are into, I was expecting a lotta hate so I opted out. :lol:
At least you came through with some support, I'm dying on this thread! lol You hear any of the new stuff?

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Yes sir.

I haven't sat down with the entire stream yet, but I can see what you mean about some parts feeling like they drag. That said, I actually like the album as a whole so far. It sometimes feels a little recycled from Horizon but there's some newer catchy riffs here and there, I like the way the songs are laid out a little better, and I MUCH prefer the mix on this. Little things like the 'climbing' progression in Karma and stuff like that give the album some added flavor, and I can appreciate that.

Again, I'm going to need to sit down with the stream more when I get home, and obviously the album when I can legally obtain it but I'm digging it so far.

Hell, I'm planning on seeing them next month and I'm willing to suffer through Attack! Attack! for it. :rofl:

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
I opened for them a year ago with my old band, really solid live, great energy, and really cool guys (ended up chatting with one of the guitarists for a while out by our vans). That said, I never really had any interest in checking out their albums, as the songs didn't really do anything for me.
Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about those guys when it comes to talking to and hanging out with them.
They seem like a great bunch of dudes for sure, but I just can't get into their music for the life of me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts