Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody watch Pawn Stars? I like Antiques roadshow.. and old/neat stuff in general so I find the show entertaining.

Anyhoo there was a guy on there selling dueling pistols. Turns out a guy I work with knows him. (He is from WV and doesnt live in Vegas)

He said the pistols were not his - the producers basically asked everyone in the store "who wants to be on tv"? He said he would do it so they gave him the pistols and told him what to say :lol:

I was kind of wondering how all the items on there seemed so interesting. Turns out they just cherry-pick them and get random people to appear on the show with them.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Color me completely unsurprised.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; DROIDX Build/VZW) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1 480X854 motorola DROIDX)

Lame. I just assumed they cherrypicked the best stuff out of a whole bunch of filming.

·
Premium Member
4,657 Posts
this reminds me of the time that a guy brought in a Les Paul that he thought was a valuable 62, which turned out to be a not-so-valuable 70s Les Paul. In the show, they guy was super sad and bummed about the news, and decided to keep his beloved Les Paul. It turns out that in actuality the guy was the vintage guitar expert at a local vegas shop and was just trying to get some cash for a 70s LP and the show production thought the story would be more interesting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts