Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got reminded of this album the other day. I haven't heard it for years. But when this came out, I learned every single nuance of this album. One of my best album experiences, I think.

Awesome opener to the album:

Brilliant single:

I didn't really like anything that followed this. But I used to think this was as good as it got at one time. EV's voice just seemed phenomenal.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Although I just couldn't get into Pearl Jam period, this album, and a lot of their songs, have had an impact on me, and definitely a place for that specific time period.

Definitely brings back memories.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Yeah I'm a big fan of the album, I listened to it a lot when I was really only getting into music. I actually saw Pearl Jam a few days ago. They were really good live but I had one of the worst seats in the venue which made it a little less enjoyable.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
I love Pearl Jam. Though Ten is behind Vitalogy and Yield for me.

This is far and away the best song that never made it on the radio and better than some that did really.

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Back when I was into Pearl Jam, I was disappointed that the album versions of Evenflow and Alive didn't sound like their MTV videos. They're a lot more energetic and raw while the album version is the opposite. I don't know if they ever released those versions on CD or what not, but I would've enjoyed it a lot more if the Ten had those versions.

·
RG 7 player of doom
690 Posts
This is the only Pearl Jam album I still listen too.
Despite grunge's aesthetic of keeping it all simple, I just love how carefully considered and how much thought really went into the song writing.,
My favorite track has gotten be Garden.
The intro is so haunting.

And in general, so many awesome guitar solos on this record.

·
Wanker (reprise)
362 Posts
One of my all time favourite albums. I must have been 12 when this came out and it was one of those albums that informed my early desire to play guitar. To this day I still love the guitar tone and the sound of the snare. Probably far too difficult to be objective about the quality of the album as it's a formative part of good memories. Ten. :yesway:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
I love Pearl Jam. Though Ten is behind Vitalogy and Yield for me.

This is far and away the best song that never made it on the radio and better than some that did really.

YouTube- Deep - Pearl Jam
Woah, forgot about that track! Good stuff.

I'm a big fan of Ten, and I'm iffy with their other material. Nothing they've done has topped Ten for me. When I was little I thought Vedder's voice was amazing, and the music videos mesmerized me, I was very sad when he cut his hair :lol:

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts

This video was so cool :lol:

The sliding harmonic on the bass, Eddie climbing and jumping off that wall. It captures a lot of what was cool when I was a (very) wee lad.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Back when I was into Pearl Jam, I was disappointed that the album versions of Evenflow and Alive didn't sound like their MTV videos. They're a lot more energetic and raw while the album version is the opposite. I don't know if they ever released those versions on CD or what not, but I would've enjoyed it a lot more if the Ten had those versions.
Those were a different mastering. You can really tell, since the album mastering is quieter and lusher.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I still listen to Ten, it's still one of my favourites, and I still haven't listened to any of their other albums.

·
Premium Member
13,448 Posts
Woah, forgot about that track! Good stuff.

I'm a big fan of Ten, and I'm iffy with their other material. Nothing they've done has topped Ten for me. When I was little I thought Vedder's voice was amazing, and the music videos mesmerized me, I was very sad when he cut his hair :lol:
:agreed: I love Ten. It's the only Pearl Jam album I like, but it's definitely a classic. I unfortunately don't own it anymore because I sold a ton of my albums when I was low on cash in college and never rebought the album. :(

1 - 20 of 26 Posts