Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HOLY DIVE-AH!
1,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one else catch this on American Masters the other day (s24 e4)? I think it was on friday night on pbs.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/episodes/pearl-jam-twenty/about-the-documentary-film/1860/

Was directed by ******* Crowe and had a bunch of info about mother love bone, andrew woods' death, temple of the dog, how eddie joined up, etc etc.
Had a lot of Chris Cornell in it to, lots of live footage, early days street videos, interviews from today, etc etc.

Really well done.

If you didn't like Ten, you're a communist, or were born after 1985.:leon:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Loved Ten. Actually, I still dig it. But anything after that is just utter garbage. I had high hopes for them, but they got so incredibly pretentious, whiny, and irritating, I just couldn't take it.

·
I measure things
1,917 Posts
I only saw part of it. What I saw I really liked - wish I could have seen the whole thing. And like Jeff, I liked Ten but couldn't stand them after that.

I'll have to look and see if PBS is going to run this again. I get MN and WI PBS, so sometimes one channel runs something one week and you can see the same thing a different day/week on the other one.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Damnit, now I want to buy the CD again. I threw it away after the subsequent albums came out, because I was angry. :rofl:

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Jeff said:
Damnit, now I want to buy the CD again. I threw it away after the subsequent albums came out, because I was angry. :rofl:
Get the anniversary edition with the bonus discs. The remixed disc is really cool. They had Brendan O'Brien give the album a new mix and he did a very dry mix. Stays true to the original, but relies more on room mics than big reverbs, gives a feel of being more in the room with them than in a big concert hall.

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Loved Ten. Actually, I still dig it. But anything after that is just utter garbage. I had high hopes for them, but they got so incredibly pretentious, whiny, and irritating, I just couldn't take it.
You like Evanescence. I think your right to call other bands pretentious has expired. :lol:

Any I don't understand the hate for Vs, which is basically Ten part 2. I can see from Vitalogy (which I fucking love) on because they did change a lot. I think catch more shit for the way they acted towards the media than their actual music.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
You like Evanescence. I think your right to call other bands pretentious has expired. :lol:

Any I don't understand the hate for Vs, which is basically Ten part 2. I can see from Vitalogy (which I fucking love) on because they did change a lot. I think catch more shit for the way they acted towards the media than their actual music.
Bite me. :lol:

Amy Lee is hotter than Eddie Vedder. :D

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Jeff said:

Bite me. :lol:

Amy Lee is hotter than Eddie Vedder. :D
Can't argue with that :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts