Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 6505 that I use at home for recording and I've come to the conclusion that 6505's just don't suit what I'm into. So, let's see what people have to trade. I'm after:

An amp head only
Preferably something that can do dry&tight rather than dark
May be able to throw in guitars (Ibanez LACSD Baritone/V-Blade/S Series/RBM) for the right amp (VHT Pitbull/VH4 - Maybe Engl Fireball 100)

What I'm not into:
Mesa Duals or Triple's
Triple XXX's (already got a 3120)

Obviously, UK based is probably going to be the best solution.

Let's see what you've got people.

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes mate, very interested. How does it compare to a Pitbull? I'm looking for a companion amp to my Herbert and from my previous experience, the Pitbull is pretty spot on.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
hey man i think Simon is trying to punt you my amp!

im currently selling my sig x. Dry and tight would be a very good way to describe it. Its not as 'brutal' as the pitbull.

if you check reviews it gets a very good right up for its mid gain tones but i have used it primarily for death metal and its great for that as well.

Its a lot more versatile than the pitbull as each of the 3 channesls can be voiced at least 3 different ways. The clean channel could be voiced about 6 different ways depending on how you set it up with the 3 way switch and the fat/open switch.

i've found the inbuilt footswitchable boost thats on each channel to be a big help as well as it allows you to access 2 gain stages on each channel

its also flight cased and in mint condition.

Ive got it up on ebay and im looking for roughly £1250 for it but price is something im willing to discuss.

you can get some pictures on here

FRYETTE (VHT) SIG X AMP HEAD (RRP £1760) on eBay (end time 21-Feb-11 20:24:48 GMT)

unfortunatley im not interested in a 6505 so if you can find someone to part with cash for it and want to part with some of your own im all ears!

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
my phone is sitting next to me and i have recieved no such texts or phonecalls :(

i've not changed my number either...

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
Yes mate, very interested. How does it compare to a Pitbull? I'm looking for a companion amp to my Herbert and from my previous experience, the Pitbull is pretty spot on.
what you thinking? or are you one of my watchers on ebay?? :squint:

·
Thread Killer
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm on a 'one out, one in' with this, so really i either need to do a straight trade on interesting stuff that might provide surprises, or if I go the selling route then I would put the cash together for a Pitbull really.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
cool

id like to have a 6505+ for its rythm tone but im pretty much operating on the same basis as you and i need a few more features than it has to offer.

cheers anyway

1 - 10 of 10 Posts