Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Just testing out the 6534+

Excuse sloppy playing in places. As always I wish I had more time to play with optimal mic positions etc but it's getting there. Pretty raw tracks tbh, just a high pass and low pass and a spot of multiband.

I was going for 'huge and aggressive', but in doing so I feel that I compromised on clarity and tone a bit. At least I know I can get that sound if need be, but personally I'd prefer it to be a bit tighter and less hairy.

·
Premium Member
5,213 Posts
sounds great but i see what you mean about the clarity. It does sound insanley huge though.

do you isolate your cab or is it all in the same room?

·
Premium Member
2,996 Posts
Sounding good! Could maybe stand to be a bit smoother and less murky, but not that much.

For a quick test, it sounds great. You'll clearly be getting some badass tones out of it once you get used to it.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'm gonna forgive myself for this one as I'm still getting used to both the cab AND the amp. But I'll get there sooner or later.

Picking up my Triple Rec on Friday, so there's a whole other kettle of fish to get used to :lol:

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I love the way you're apologetic over a "quick and dirty" test that sounds better than anything I've recorded, no matter how much effort I put into the sound/mix. Bastard!

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
I love the way you're apologetic over a "quick and dirty" test that sounds better than anything I've recorded, no matter how much effort I put into the sound/mix. Bastard!
That. Any complaints about this are reeeeal fine, nuance, nitpicking ones.

I had my volume up louder than was apparently necessary (Chris's fault - was listening to his non-maximised YT video before this *shakes fist*), and then hit play. This came bursting out and squashed my balls into a fine powder. Sounded fucking amazing through my M1s. I bet even my neighbours loved it :yesway:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Yeah, your shitty mixes are also better than anything I've ever done. :lol:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
6,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
:lol: Thanks guys. I'm not trying to be modest or anything, it really didn't come out as good as I know it could have! :shrug:

I did another test today, after much more experimentation with position and distance. It's a different song, a new idea we're working on, much more thrash-orientated. I will post it up tomorrow, it's sounding much much better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts