Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Peavey JSX 4x12 any good?

Hello, just wondering if anyone has every played a JSX 4x12. I can get one for 175 like new but haven't heard much about them. I don't really need it and wanna buy to barter later on for something. What do you guys think?

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
Yes. Peavey cabs are great. I don't recall which speakers are in it but they're fine cabs. $175 is probably fair for a clean one.

If you don't need it, don't buy it.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I agree with if you dont need it dont buy it.

Tell a friend who does need a new cab about the deal.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn't like that cab very much personally. The speakers were a little too unfocused/mushy sounding for my liking. The cab itself is well built though and the recording XLR's it has are a great feature too.
Stores have been clearing these out for VERY low prices the past year or so. You are not really getting that great of a deal in that respect.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
for $175.00 I'd take it and swap out the speakers for something else if you don't like them, the cab itself is pretty solid, I think the speakers are ok.
I've got a JSX combo coming tomorrow and I've already got a line on a pair of Mesa V30's to swap in in case I don't like the JSX speakers.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've got a JSX combo coming tomorrow and I've already got a line on a pair of Mesa V30's to swap in in case I don't like the JSX speakers.
Those are the speakers of choice with my JSX. :metal:
Aggressive, no fizz and tight.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
If you're buying it just to flip it, don't. 4x12s that aren't a particularly desirable name are often hard to get rid of.

·
Premium Member
2,232 Posts
Those are the speakers of choice with my JSX. :metal:
Aggressive, no fizz and tight.
Ya I agree I had a JSX head a couple of years back and used to run it thru a legacy 4X12 and a Recto 2X12. both sounded good but I like the voicing of the Mesa V30's better than "stock " V30's.
If the combo is in good shape , fully functional etc, I wil probably pull the trigger on them tomorrow.

one of my friends has a JSX 4X12, I must say ....it's not bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts