Metal Guitarist Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Now that I've upped my online guitar community cred by getting a sweet vintage Rat, I'm in the process of building a few dual Rat rackmount overdrives, some of which I'll sell for exorbitant prices that reflect the value of my time.
:agreed:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I already got my Strobostomp HD. I'd like another chorus to add to the board for chorusy cleans. I'm using my Bos CE5 for 80s distorted chorus tones right now. Maybe a different delay but I'm not that picky so I'm pretty happy with the DD3.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Empress released an updated Compressor. Very tempted to replace the older Empress Comp on my bass pedalboard.

Pretty good with other pedals, right now.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I've got an Oceans 11 on order for reverb, but I want to get a second so I can have two reverb settings set up at once. Anyone know how the Neunaber Immerse is? I was going to get the Blue Sky, but I played the Big Sky yesterday for awhile, and I'm super underwhelmed with it.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
I am thinking of Picking up the Walrus Slo or EQD Avalanche Run. Ive been into a lot of ambient/Doomy/post/blackgaze stuff and just cant get enough reverb or delay.
I may get another Fuzz. I like the Haunt but don't really use the gate on it. I basically use it to push like an od but with a fair bit of fuzz turned on as well.

I may build a bass board

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I am thinking of Picking up the Walrus Slo or EQD Avalanche Run. Ive been into a lot of ambient/Doomy/post/blackgaze stuff and just cant get enough reverb or delay.
I may get another Fuzz. I like the Haunt but don't really use the gate on it. I basically use it to push like an od but with a fair bit of fuzz turned on as well.

I may build a bass board
Always try before buying if you can, but I'd recommend the Walrus Slo or Fathom over the EQD Avalanche Run. It was a decent pedal, but not very flexible and kinda meh for tones. Nothing bad, nothing great either.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts
Damn, this is the first year where I don't have a wish list of pedals. I bought a Talk Box a couple weeks ago as I love them and haven't had once since high school, that and the FreQout pedal are all I'm using these days because everything else is in the AxeFX.

If anything, I'm going to start collecting pedals for a Gilmour-inspired board, but that's icing on the cake stuff as I don't need it to do what I want to do this year.

·
Guitarded
Rig: Marshall DSL20
429 Posts
Expression pedals! :metal:
I could go for a couple of those. just found out the HX stomp will take 2 if you use a stereo Y split cable. Now I'm looking around to see what's out there. My Ibanez weeping demon wah is great if you want a shitload of flexibility but it takes up a lot of space.

@Chris, you have a couple of those mission engineering pedals don't you? I'm looking at the $150 with the toe switch, "Mission Engineering Helix Rack Expression Pedal". tried it before? recommend? sounds like I could ditch the ibanez, gain some pedalboard space and gain a volume pedal if I set it up right in the HX.

·
Registered
560 Posts
If the HM-2 Waza is released I'm going to buy it. I've currently got a Throne Torcher but it's just not quite doing it for me.

Other than that, I'm probably going to downsize, or just build a couple of boards. I'll probably have a rehearsal board and a gig board.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
If the HM-2 Waza is released I'm going to buy it. I've currently got a Throne Torcher but it's just not quite doing it for me.

Other than that, I'm probably going to downsize, or just build a couple of boards. I'll probably have a rehearsal board and a gig board.
I realize the HM-2 is a classic sound, but fuck it sounds......abrasive. :D

21 - 33 of 33 Posts