Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, I come off as a turd, but am I asking too much?

Date: April 4, 2016 at 8:46:42 PM CDT
To: [email protected]

Hello PT!

First off, I love your pedal boards. I first bought a PT-2, and quickly followed it up with a PT-Jr. Just last week I traded both of those for a pretty new PT-Pro. This thing is solid, light, and solid!

Now, the fabric case/bag is basically garbage :). I was *sorta* OK with the zipper handles falling off the bags of my previous two units, but the zipper itself is straight-up F'd on this PT-Pro.

My question is, can I buy one that is different from what ships? Meaning, I would love a lightweight carry-bag for my PT-Pro, but I don't want to waste my money on another one if the zipper is going to fail after one gig. I would rather pay more for something that won't fall apart.

Thanks, and despite my snark, I genuinely do enjoy the base product :)
-Leon
Date: April 5, 2016 at 10:12:56 AM EDT

Hi Leon.

Thank you for writing and using Pedaltrain.

We provide a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects on all of our cases with proof of purchase. If you can send me a copy of your receipt and some pictures of your zipper issue, I would be happy to walk you through the warranty process.

Best regards,

Pedaltrain Customer Service
Very quick turnaround, and I'm sure they are well aware that their bags are crap... :lol:

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Didn't you tell this person that you traded for the board and bag? Would that not mean "no proof of purchase?"

·
Registered
54 Posts
I also thought their support was great, I was missing the strap with my PT-JR and they promptly shipped me a new one under warranty. I happen to think the bag is great, very quick to load and unload and spacious.

Mono makes an upgraded bag and I also use a Brooklyn industries Backpack for the PT-JR, can't find that on their site unfortunately.

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
My PT bags are all falling apart at the zippers, too. Glad to see I'm not the only one. Unfortunately, I'm well outside the 1-year warranty.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought that PT-Pro as B-stock because of the broken zipper.
WELL THEN. I suppose that only changes half of my complaint, but truly none of my request. :lol:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I'd be emailing a different company to see if they have anything that's the right size. I would bet that pedaltrain only ships the one bag. Mondo etc.

I also wouldn't have included the snark, but that's me :lol:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Mine is starting to fall apart as well. Ugh!

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
How to avoid it: buy the hardcase model :lol:

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
This is clearly the Leon version of a "Rocka Thread"

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Did they revamp the bags with their new models?

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
BTW, I just bought the Mono bag for $200. The zipper on mine went from laughably functional to utterly useless in a single gig :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts