Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any harm in buying a body off of Warmoth's deal site, and then letting it sit in the box while I gather other parts? There's a Strat body on there I'd love, but I don't have the coin the buy the whole build as of yet.

If it's finished, it would not matter if it didn't have a neck on it, correct?

·
I don't like it.
11,071 Posts
I'm not sure I'd leave it in the box for an extended amount of time. I'm not sure what kind of finish Warmoth uses, but if it's nitro lacquer you could have issues with the packing material messing up the finish. I'd modify a coat hanger so you can hang it via one of the neck bolts somewhere out of the way indoors.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, much appreciated. Good advice as well, Adam. I didn't consider that.
Really, it's just my funny way of saving for a new build, by buying parts as I go, instead of keeping it in my account and blowing it on stupid stuff, like eating out all the time in lunch breaks. :)

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Or more Apple products :lol:
Well yeah, definitely getting the iPhone 6. :D But I've already got a couple hundred stashed for that, and I'll likely get $350 or so for my 5.

Wirelessly posted

I can attest that it's far easier to buy food repeatedly :lol:
Eh, my wife handles that. I have a separate account so I don't blow our main finances on stupid crap. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.