Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, last night budda and I drove down to Windsor to check out Periphery live and in person.

The venue wasn't great. Well, realistically, the venue would have been great, had they been on the good stage, as opposed to on the small stage, being forced to look at the good stage from afar :lol:

Despite not great sound, a PA that kept failing, not being able to hear themselves, and a smallish crowd, the band put on a killer show. Anyone who doubts Spencer's vocal abilities should have been there last night. Raw, no fancy processing, just a beat-up SM58 into a terrible PA handled by a sound guy who didn't know what he was doing, and NO MONITORS (his in-ears cut out part way through the first song and never got fixed) and he nailed every single note. Seriously impressive.

Matt is a killer drummer, the amount of stuff he does with a kit that small is really impressive. Tom had definitely the best bass tone of the night and held down the low end nice and tight and solid. And the three guitarists all nailed everything from what I could tell. The Axe-FX/2:90 definitely delivered when up against 2 ENGL rigs.

We got a chance to hang out with Misha and the rest of the guys, and they're all really super-cool. Fun times were had by all, I think, and there was much talk of pizza-to-meat ratios, writing on dicks, who's got what, how to stop traffic, which other band's members look like which former Periphery members, and much more. And we got to try out a few of Misha's guitars. I gotta say, I'm a Blackmachine convert, that thing felt beautiful. Seriously one of the best necks I've ever felt.

Anyways, on to the pics, with no real pic story at all :lol:

·
18,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^ Yep, have for a long time :lol:

And let me tell you, they use them. Sure, there's times where 2 of them are playing the same thing while the 3rd does lead, but there's a lot of times where they're playing 3 different parts. And then, of course, the sometimes lock in with all 3 playing the same thing, as well as the bass, and it crushes brains ("Icarus Lives" for example).

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Good times were had :yesway:

I hope you guys approve of the pics :yesway:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Who's that chick in the pink hoodie who looks like she having no fun? Cause from what I can see, I'd PIHB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts