Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if the band has come out and said what their actual concept behind the album is yet. I've read several theories online, and I'm wondering what the true story is. Anyone know?

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
The trials and tribulations of the band's trip to a McDonald's for a BigMac, on a day when they re-released the McRib sandwich and Shamrock shake, simultaneously.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
The ancient Greeks time traveled forwards in time before the birth of Christ, and saw a future where a sweet djent band blew away youth males in the 16-24 demographic. They were so impressed by the fervor with which these boys with slightly homosexual/effeminate haircuts demanding that their mom take them to the mall to buy this totally sweet double album that they renamed the first and last letters of their alphabet after it.

The truth is out there Roger. The truth is out there.

·
I miss you Avalanche
3,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If your listening to Periphery for the lyrics, your doing it wrong.
LOL Normally I don't, but knowing it's a concept album, I'm interested in the story.

They said they are going to tell us about the story later on. I would image they would do it to hype up the album again which would make sense. But as of now the band hasnt official explained the story yet.
Right... that's why I'm asking. It came out a while ago. So I'm wondering how long "later on" is.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Right... that's why I'm asking. It came out a while ago. So I'm wondering how long "later on" is.
It'll all be clear after the release of their next album, Theta/Gamma, which they'll begin working on in early February. :yesway:

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
but knowing it's a concept album, I'm interested in the story.
Yeah dude, there are only two concept albums you actually need to know the story of. Operation Mindcrime and The Wall. Other than that it's all just a three way Venn Diagram of "Confusing Shit", "Nerdy Shit", and "Emotional Bullshit".

I'm guessing the concept of the Periphery album is somewhere in there.

I love a ton of concept albums. Seventh Son is my favorite album of all time, Chemical Wedding is another favorite, all of Opeth's ones are quite good.

But I have no fucking clue what the concept is on most of them. Maybe the vaguest superficial idea, but that's about it.

·
I have angered the Noodles
2,662 Posts
Yeah dude, there are only two concept albums you actually need to know the story of. Operation Mindcrime and The Wall. Other than that it's all just a three way Venn Diagram of "Confusing Shit", "Nerdy Shit", and "Emotional Bullshit".

I'm guessing the concept of the Periphery album is somewhere in there.

I love a ton of concept albums. Seventh Son is my favorite album of all time, Chemical Wedding is another favorite, all of Opeth's ones are quite good.

But I have no fucking clue what the concept is on most of them. Maybe the vaguest superficial idea, but that's about it.
So true. Those are the best two concept albums out there. By far.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts