Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to drive down to Chicago to see Periphery / Veil of Maya yesterday; both bands were nothing short of amazing.

Misha was working the Merch table the entire night, so i had a chance to go up and say hi to him (really nice / down to earth guy); other members of the band were hanging out as well (there was a console set up with Soulcalibur next to their merch table \m/)

Their sound was probably the best live sound i have ever heard (going direct into PA w/ AXEFX), everything was easily "hearable" (is that a word?) and the tone was very organic yet still clean and polished.

I had a chance to shoot the song Zyglrox on my phone, the quality of the sound got muffled by the crappy mic in my palm pre, but just to give you an idea of how great they were live. :metal:

Cant wait to see them again :yesway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Their sound guy does a really good job. With three guitars, bass, drums, vocals and backing tracks, everything sounded tight. I had a hard time getting a full sense of it because i was standing right by the PA stack on Misha's side of the stage, so i heard a lot of Misha and less of everything else. :)

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
It's usually a good time. I'm uploading pics in the next 5 minutes from the TO show, I swear :lol:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Audible is the word you're after, I think. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I can believe it. The sound on the Periphery album is so perfectly polished and balanced and every live clip I've seen of them has sounded excellent even considering a muffled cell phone mic or whatever. :yesway:

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Thanks so much Samer! Was good meetin ya, I always love meeting forumites in the flesh!
Gotta give props to Alex Markides our sound gy, he's the first guy who "gets" our sound and can really help us sound balanced, clear and "hearable" live haha. It also helps that the venue had a good sound system! Thanks for comin out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts