Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was an amazing show, I had a chance to meet Jeff before hand at an in store signing he was doing.

(as a side note I think Noodles would appreciate the choice of hoodie Jeff is wearing in the photo) :p

Periphery was really on fire, they probably had the best energy from every time I have seen them so far.

Jeff Loomis was flawless, the other guitarist in the band was using Ola Solar 7 btw.

Safety Fire was really tight as well, they had a great stage presence and sound, over all a great night :yesway: (more pics to come)

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
Sounds like a good time. Good for you man.:yesway: Man those S7 Ola's are sweet!!!!!!:flex:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Just got back from this show tonight. Fucking awesome performance by Periphery. They're definitely getting better each time, even the singer (sorry, Dave :lol:). Safety Fire was pretty awesome as well. Loomis kept coming over to our section of the crowd, and shredding right in my buddy's face. The last band kinda sucked, but they had the best tone of the night (sorry, Bulbs :D).

I think we counted 6 AxeFx's :lol:

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I showed my gf this and she just said 'Lucky bastard' :lol:
I wish we had this tour, also, who's playing bass on this tour? :scratch:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Jeff has that same expression in every single damn photo he takes. :lol:

·
Head of Agile Gestapo
5,675 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
No doubt. Protest the Hero must have had a bad night or something, since when I saw them, they pretty much wiped the floor with everyone else on the bill. They're a fantastic live band, and Rody Walker pretty much crushes Spencer into dust.

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
PtH kinda sucked? Either they were too stoned, or you're sadly mistaken, my friend. :lol:
:lol: When I saw them last week the bass player was almost certainly stoned out of his mind. But he still killed it. They were pretty much flawless for their whole set :yesway:

·
Taco Six-Niner
77 Posts
I thought I recognized you from somewhere! I'm the idiot who got stuck in traffic and showed up 45 seconds after he left, lol. At least Jen got him to sign a CD for me.

Here's some videos from the show:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
PtH kinda sucked? Either they were too stoned, or you're sadly mistaken, my friend. :lol:
The guitar player on the left seemed to just noodle/tap-things, the guy on the right looked largely uninterested, and the singer was very chatty. They seemed like a band that just learned their songs a month ago.

I just didn't get any vibe from them, so, it must have been a bad night for them?

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The guitar player on the left seemed to just noodle/tap-things, the guy on the right looked largely uninterested, and the singer was very chatty. They seemed like a band that just learned their songs a month ago.

I just didn't get any vibe from them, so, it must have been a bad night for them?
They are usually a lot better live, I think the entire band had a pretty bad cold / flu.

I was impressed that singer was able to preform at all, he was like throwing up mucus on stage.

·
Taco Six-Niner
77 Posts
They are usually a lot better live, I think the entire band had a pretty bad cold / flu.

I was impressed that singer was able to preform at all, he was like throwing up mucus on stage.
Loomis said they all had bronchitis, himself included.

I was more interested in the guitar tones since it looked like a freaking AxeFX commercial on stage, did not disappoint.

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
:lol: When I saw them last week the bass player was almost certainly stoned out of his mind. But he still killed it. They were pretty much flawless for their whole set :yesway:
Damn, I'm pissed I missed PtH. But I was in Foco with family for Easter. :(

As for being stoned while playing...

:lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts