Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
This rips! Great job guys!

Rody (Protest the Hero) is pretty much the only vocalist I ever actually *want* to listen to who sings in this range - hearing Spencer do a killer job really kicks ass to me. For whatever reason, that vocal style works well over riff-licious guitar parts and weird timing.

Fuck yeah, lads :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
I always appreciated it, I just sometimes ignore it :lol:. Bulber, hazarding a guess but do the main chords in the beginning look something like

4-0 or the standard tuning equivalent?
4-0
4-0

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
I always appreciated it, I just sometimes ignore it :lol:. Bulber, hazarding a guess but do the main chords in the beginning look something like

4-0 or the standard tuning equivalent?
4-0
4-0
This song is in a weird open tuning which i unfortunately don't know the name of, i only know how it sounds.
I used it for Epic Fail after Nolly showed me the tuning, and i showed Epic Fail to Mark who came up with the first riff in the song based off of that tuning, so i definitely find it to be a tuning that inspires ideas!
With that said, they are actually octaves with notes moving around on top.
Here is a video where he plays it at the beginning:

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Also cheers on the song structure compliments, however this song is probably the most conventional/pop structured song we have done so far in the sense that it is mostly a Verse/Chorus/Verse/Chorus/Bridge/Chorus kind of deal. So if you are into straightforward arrangements then yeah it would be right up your alley, for us it kinda makes it an odd one out, but that is what makes it special to us hehe!

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
still confirms what i said in the last thread i said what im echoing here, whenever that was. Vocals are massivly improved, and spence definitely is sounding a lot like Rody, but still just doesnt quite do it for me. Not bad though, just not my style. Are there going to be instrumentals available?

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
Spencer sounds SO much better than on the first CD. :yesway: Silly question but would you guys ever have him rerecord the songs off the first cd and rerelease it?! :lol:

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Spencer sounds SO much better than on the first CD. :yesway: Silly question but would you guys ever have him rerecord the songs off the first cd and rerelease it?! :lol:
Haha as cool as that could be, I highly doubt that would happen just because we would much rather work on new stuff with our time!

·
Bored of boredom
878 Posts
Haha as cool as that could be, I highly doubt that would happen just because we would much rather work on new stuff with our time!
When you guys are like 70 yrs old, and filthy super rich and rolling around in custom guitars :)rofl:)
You should consider it, I love letter experiment soooo much! :agreed:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Haha its all good dude, but there will be no instrumental version.
I suppose there's no King Diamond guest vocals on this one either, right?

Again? :mad:

Fucking djenters. I'm going to make a WHOLE HATE FORUM until we get a Bulb/King duet!

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
The way I see it, Periphery could have gone with one of three types of vocalist. The King Diamond type, the Rick Astley type, and the guy they have. It's open to debate which one would be most popular, but I think they made the best choice, considering Astley wasn't available. :agreed:

Song kicks all kinds of bunghole. It's a bit more standard than you guys normally do, and whilst I can totally get on board with that, I think I prefer the heavier and more sporadic songs. You guys just do that better than anybody else, frankly. And you always manage to keep a sense of structure and theme going in those tracks, too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts