Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, just wanted to give you a heads up if you have a chance to catch this show do your self a favor and go!

I honestly cannot describe how good The Human Abstract are live, all I can say is that they have completely destroyed any other band I have seen live before in terms of sound / musicianship / and stage presence.

Both guitarists were so insanely tight that it was almost unnatural; they took "shred" guitar to a new level that was just nuts. They come across really good on CD but this is just one of those bands that shines so much more live then on cd, trust me any one into metal guitar (even Dave) will completely dig these guys live.

Check out the song below, Its like an evolution of neo-classical music that was popular in the 80's with a modern sound.

All of the other bands were really good as well, Periphery sounded amazing as usual and the new song they played was really cool! Spencer's singing was the best I have seen so far, he added all sorts of vocal changes to the songs that made them really cool. But really the best part of seeing Periphery live is the fact the entire band looks like they are having fun and get really into the tunes they are playing, and the audience reacts by doing the same :)

Misha used Darrens DB1 for a couple of songs, and i gota say the maple board on that guitar has a crazy hologram effect that I haven't really seen before; besides the cool aesthetics in my opinion it was the best sounding guitar in Mishas rig as well.

Had a chance to bug Misha about his AXE-FX II patch settings / wood selections / mixing and mastering and he is a super chill guy to hang out with in genreal who loves gear as much as any of us :cool:

Got a cool picture together (I ended up looking retarded in it because of the camera my friend used that has a flash that's as bright as the sun, haha)

I would place this in my top three live shows ever (the others include the Symphony X and Blind Guardian show, and the Hammerfall and Death show)

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Guy on the left: "Hey!"

Guy in middle and on the right: "I'm here to kill you!"

:wub:

Glad you had a good time! They passed through OH last week or so, but I wasn't able to go.

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Only Chris cares about this ->: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm at the Toronto show now. :) The Human Abstract are onstage right now... Definitely tight and musical. But I was totally blown away by Textures. Looking forward to Periphery's set. :)

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Wirelessly posted (Only Chris cares about this ->: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm at the Toronto show now. :) The Human Abstract are onstage right now... Definitely tight and musical. But I was totally blown away by Textures. Looking forward to Periphery's set. :)
Nice brother, yea Textures are really amazing!

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
A buddy of mine let me listen to his Textures album. That's some good shit. THA is a little too out of reach for me, IMO.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
I'm guessing the guy in the middle is a temporary replacement or permanent replacement for Alex?

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
This might seem a little forward of me to ask Samer but...

Have you ever considered a career in anti drug PSAs? Your expression in the picture is utterly terrifying. :lol:

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I made it to the Hollywood show 2 weeks back. Very fun and enjoyable mix of bands. Textures were the highlight for me. I've been waiting for them to make it to the states for a few years now; glad I could catch their first tour in the states. They were playing 5150ii's through Mesa slant cabs, one guitarist had his sideways on a rack case. Their clean tones were great too actually, thanks to the effects from their G-majors I believe. :lol: Also I thought their new vocalist was very impressive and they all seemed to be having lots of fun on stage, keyboardist and all headbanging :metal:

The Human Abstract were very tight and clean shredders. Vela, Together We Await the Storm was my favorite track. I couldn't see what amps they were using but I would have to guess a Dual Rec or 5150iii :shrug: I lol'd when the singer came out with a cigarette towards the end of their set. :smoking:

Periphery were awesome as usual. Tight and huge mix, but a tad too loud; glad I had my Hearos! Racecar was the highlight track of their set for me! Jake nailed the Loomis solo with his own flare, was very impressive! Cool to see them in a bigger venue; all previous shows I've seen them at they were on the Whiskey A Go Go on that tiny stage with all those members :roll2:

Oh.. and the Contortionist was cool but weren't really anything special for me; probably because I'm not familiar with their music as much.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
ITT: MG learns what Samer looks like, and will picture him this way every time they read one of his posts.

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
Saw this show in denver a few weeks back. The guy singing for THA now has only been in the band for about a month I think, but he was awesome.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ITT: MG learns what Samer looks like, and will picture him this way every time they read one of his posts.
That picture makes me look so crazy, haha.

Here is an even crazier picture of me walking in down town Baghdad a few months ago (just to confirm that I am indeed crazy):

:rofl:

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
:lol: yup!

That picture makes me look so crazy, haha.

Here is an even crazier picture of me walking in down town Baghdad a few months ago (just to confirm that I am indeed crazy):

:rofl:
WTF were you doing in Baghdad?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts