1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
I dig this. :yesway:

Also, holy shit bro if you can ever make money off of all the stupid Youtube comments on your videos, you'll be a wealthy man. :lol:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I like that you guys are experimenting with song structure and challenging yourselves (and your audience) with new ideas.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I really enjoyed that track. I like that you guys progress with each album and try new things and push the envelope. Every other band in this genre is so stagnant and just keeps churning out the same shit. Look forward to hearing the albums in full

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
I feel the same as the last few posters. I really liked the first Periphery album, but Periphery II blew me away when it came out, specifically because of just how much the music changed (twice as good as the first album in my opinion). While Clear was only thirty minutes long, I thought the songs were of the highest quality so far. I'm glad to see Juggernaut going in the same direction. :yesway:

It's always great to see how much you guys' music evolves with each album.

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow thanks guys, very pleasantly surprised to see all your positive comments!
I have to say, we know this is a bit of a weird one to put out first, but that's pretty much the reason it was exciting to us. This song definitely showcases the more "cinematic" approach we are taking for these concept albums, though the material is kinda all over the place thanks to the story.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Wow thanks guys, very pleasantly surprised to see all your positive comments!
I have to say, we know this is a bit of a weird one to put out first, but that's pretty much the reason it was exciting to us. This song definitely showcases the more "cinematic" approach we are taking for these concept albums, though the material is kinda all over the place thanks to the story.
Out of interest, are any of the songs you originally planned on putting on Juggernaut way back in the Jake and Casey days going to make it to the albums (for example: Inertia)? Or are all the songs going to be 100% new?

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Out of interest, are any of the songs you originally planned on putting on Juggernaut way back in the Jake and Casey days going to make it to the albums (for example: Inertia)? Or are all the songs going to be 100% new?
Nah nothing from that era, the story we went with required music of a different vibe, so most of it was written for the concept.

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Nah nothing from that era, the story we went with required music of a different vibe, so most of it was written for the concept.
I guess when Icarus Lives made it on the first album, the original Juggernaut concept was probably off the table already.

Probably a much better idea, considering how much your music has changed since then. :yesway:

·
Space.
1,411 Posts
I'll be honest, my first listen made me sad because it felt like a snoozefest. I was listening while working on stuff.

I just gave it a dedicated "do nothing but listen" spin and I will say: this fucking rules. Periphery just gets better and better. Now I'm on my sixth or so play and I love it.

·
המרחב וה
2,061 Posts
Impressed. :yesway:

Bold move to release as this opening track. However, I am pleased with it because it shows quite a different side to you guys and what to expect. Really enjoyed the transition with the climatic bends.

·
Perfect Djentelman
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I would say that is probably the reason we went with this track as opposed to something a little "safer" for the first impression.

I'll be honest, my first listen made me sad because it felt like a snoozefest. I was listening while working on stuff.

I just gave it a dedicated "do nothing but listen" spin and I will say: this fucking rules. Periphery just gets better and better. Now I'm on my sixth or so play and I love it.
Ah it's all good, our music has always been like that, more on the 'grower' side of things, which is all well and good for me because all of my favorite bands have been growers as well. Hopefully it makes for good replay value.

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Ah it's all good, our music has always been like that, more on the 'grower' side of things, which is all well and good for me because all of my favorite bands have been growers as well. Hopefully it makes for good replay value.
Bulb's a 'grower' not a 'show-er'. Got it. :yesway:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts