Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
I don't think he hates L6, I think he hates the Spider series amps.....which he should.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
I don't think he hates L6, I think he hates the Spider series amps.....which he should.
:agreed: Line 6 makes one good product.

As for the BluAmp thingy, that's a fucking terrible recording. They sound better than that usually.

·
Banned
3,697 Posts
yeah, it doesn't sound great. I'm at 4:00 minutes in - it's been dialled in with treble and mids on 5/10 and bass on 10/10 - well there's your problem!

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Sounded pretty rubbish to me.

All these people just need to realize this: 5150

Progress is therefor futile. One does not reinvent the wheel.

·
The Devil's Advocate
238 Posts
I wonder if it sounded different in the room?

"Maybe take the mids down just a touch?"

Yeah, that's exactly what it needed, Glenn.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Wow. That was one of the worst demos ever. I would only consider buying this if I were on a nostalgia kick for terrible sounding gear that I had only because I didn't know any better and couldn't afford anything better.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
He explained the issue on his channel. Something about the IR not being on or whatnot. Still, I don't see why you wouldn't make sure the video sounded good before uploading but, oh well.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
He explained the issue on his channel. Something about the IR not being on or whatnot. Still, I don't see why you wouldn't make sure the video sounded good before uploading but, oh well.
Yeah it was definitely a miss, but this guy generally has some really good videos.

Just a side note, after using triggers for the past decade I'm agreeing with him more and more about real drums. There's just something missing in modern metal, and the homogeneity around the sounds we're all using might be part of the problem.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Yeah it was definitely a miss, but this guy generally has some really good videos.

Just a side note, after using triggers for the past decade I'm agreeing with him more and more about real drums. There's just something missing in modern metal, and the homogeneity around the sounds we're all using might be part of the problem.
It's really easy for everyone's records to sound the same when we're all using literally the exact same sounds.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why is so many under the impression that "samples = all the same sound?"

There's nothing hindering anyone from multisampling your own kit and using that instead of various standard Superior Drummer samples or whatever.
That way NOBODY has the same samples as you do.

And of course blending with your acoustic recording etc etc

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
Well yeah, you're totally right. I love taking my own samples. But when so many bands are making an album with SSD4 and the 5153 patch on the Axe-FX II, it's easy for everything to get homogenous. :lol:

·
2,827 Posts
I'll also go with "boosted 2203"
yes. also!

There's just a few classic amps and combos that never get old and are often imitated, but never bettered.

Everything just seems to want to be "a better version of amp X" or "Amp Y but in a really really tiny box". I can't remember the last time there truly was an amp like the 5150, or dual rec, or 2203 that was a game changer or that defined an entire period of recorded music (metal wise)

·
2,827 Posts
Man, he got properly burnt by the cab clone thing to the point where he won't call out shit gear for being shit anymore?

If he didn't do recording for a living, then hey, yeah, sure, a bit of an excuse but whatever.

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
I feel like something along the lines of the IR being missing, you know, a vital component of the sound, is something you'd notice before uploading, but who knows?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Let's see:

- Professionally shot multi-angle video
- Shitty tone
- Dude talking too much
- Dude doing his best to act like the authority on whatever he's talking about
- Needless button mashing on settings
- Inclusion of various high end amps
- Shitty low string chugging on generic seven string

So he made a djent video?