Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
watched it. flat. really don't see the point in it. not a good demo. the initial guitar playing is laughable. Didn't hear a single thing that would even make me semi interested in getting one.

i think peter griffins balls being gargled by a tone deaf cat would be more musical

the track at the end, nice playing, but still not convincing as to why anyone should buy it

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Everyone needs Generic Chinese Overdrive With Youtuber's Sticker On It to make their tone truly the best.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
I'm so glad that the man who had the courage to finally put the Spider in its place is now showing the world a new level of bravery by releasing a signature OD pedal in 2019

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Ok, I watched it. Fucking LOL at that ultra dainty, weak ass palm muting from 2:30-3:00. Not only does the pedal "demo" sound like shit, but the playing is fucking awful. :lol:

I bet that guy can play every Periphery song and owns two dozen Gruv fretwraps.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Ok, I watched it. Fucking LOL at that ultra dainty, weak ass palm muting from 2:30-3:00. Not only does the pedal "demo" sound like shit, but the playing is fucking awful. :lol:

:lol: Seriously, though. I know I'm not really in a position to judge here, but out of all the videos of his I've seen, there hasn't been a single guitar tone or mix that sounded good to me.

·
Read Only
1 Posts

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Oh great, yet another swiss army* overdrive.

*we couldn't decide which way to go, so we threw the kitchen sink at it, and instead of one great sound, here are 5 shite ones.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
2 questions...

1) I skimmed the video, saw rick and morty, saw alien, saw some questionable playing. Did not see Peter Griffin. Did I miss anything?

2) What is a "gruv fretwrap" and should I even google it? I've been playing guitar for 27 years and have never heard of a fretwrap.

3) because it's more than 2 and I'm too lazy to edit the above. I agree with Chris on everything here. Is this the first time since Sound of White Noise? :vince:

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
2) What is a "gruv fretwrap" and should I even google it? I've been playing guitar for 27 years and have never heard of a fretwrap.
They're those things 'stay at home moms' sell on the side that make you skinny without diet or exercise.

·
Super Moderator
7,708 Posts
btw on further googling, it turns out I actually own one gruv fretwrap that I use on a guitar that has a standard nut. I didn't remember what it was called, but yeah they're useful for recording for sure! :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts