Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Banned
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yes type o negative singer peter steele died, for real this time apparently. heart failure. it's been confirmed, after 2005's little death-rumors no one believed it, but it's true. :noplease: lame.

RIP Peter

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
Heat failure? :confused: You mean heart failure?

Considering all the drugs he's been heavily doing, it was only a matter of time... but still a shame. :(

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Damn. He was only 48. He's been looking like shit for some time now, but I didn't know he was doing that badly.

·
Mutes the Meat
10,236 Posts
Fuck :(

I hope so much that this is just another internet rumor. I absolutely love Type O Negative and Peter's voice, if true this is just too sad. I haven't even seen them live, and I'd always hoped to.

This is a day ruiner.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
that really ruined my day this morning...i'm also still hoping for this to turn out to be (again) a hoax, but meanwhile too much people close to him were twittering&posting in on facebook, sadly: it seems to be true - and i managed to never see them live, congrats to me. :(

but yeah...20 years of cocaine are not good for your health.

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
what really sucks is, that - according to a guy i know who knows 2 TON members (i think Silver and Hickey if i remember correctly) and met them recently - new stuff was already in the works. they had some major crash with SPV (or whatever their label was), but were about to sign for a new record with Napalm Records...i was talking about that with my girlfriend a few days ago and said "oh, so maybe they will finally play here again - good!" (Napalm = austrian Label)

and i could still hit myself for not going to the concert back then, because i spent my last money on the Sepultura ticket 2 days earlier.

·
Premium Member
1,927 Posts
This sucks. :(

I'm going to have to dig out my copy of "After Dark" later on tonight. And remember Pete when he was at the top of his game.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts