Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite what you hear me say in the video, it's a strobe tuner, not a strobe tumor. I couldn't be bothered to re-record it, however, so strobe tumor it is!

Little blurry, and I didn't bother getting it 100% in tune, because really - how boring would that be?

All in all, the thing is awesome, especially for the price. :yesway:

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
As I said in the other thread, I use this all the time along with my iRig and a switchable A/B box for silent tuning.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I love it. I use the polytune more often, but the strobe when I want to be more exacting

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
Yes it is accurate to 0.1 Cents which is 30x more accurate than the boss stomp tuners and 10x more accurate than the Korg chromatic tuners

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wow... that was pretty impressive for using the built-in mics. It responds really quickly, too. I was impressed with how fast it was determining the notes of your speech. :)

They also sell an adaptor cable for $12.99 that lets you plug your guitar right into the iPhone, and i expect that if you have any other apps like iRig, Amplitube or Peavey AmpKit with the external input dongles, they should work too.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yup. It's awesome for recording. I have it in a dock right next to my monitors, and just leave it running while I record. If I need to tune up, it's right there in front of me. :yesway:

Absolutely worth every penny.

·
Dook dook dook
2,434 Posts
Also I love that app I just wish they would port it to droids
Have you tried Gstrings? I use that all the time, it's simple, and works great. Though yeah, having the Peterson would be pretty awesome.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
:bump: Because this is still great. :yesway:

[action=Chris]is retuning all of his guitars after being away for a month...[/action]

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
I actually bought this based on this and Kim's recommendations. Only gripe I have is tuning the 7th is a little iffy some times, and it doesn't like basses too much, could be te adapter I'm using though. I got the official one.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
I'm sure it comes as no surprise that i use, and love, this app. :yesway:

·
Ancient Mariner
259 Posts
How does this tuner compare to the tuner that comes with Guitar Toolkit? I have Guitar Toolkit and use the tuner with the Peavey AmpKit Link.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts