Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I have a TU-2 and it seems almost the same as the Korg. Plus, it doesn't have the cool LCD display that the Strobostomp has. And come on... lets face it. That's the best part! :lol:

·
Registered
6,968 Posts
They're great tuners. i'd love to get another one at some point, but i just havent got around to getting the extra $$ for it. though, if i already had a tuner pedal, i dunno. It is a strobe tuner, which is awesome for setups, and driving you insane tuning.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
the display is indeed kickass.

I guess it comes down to do you want that extra accuracy or not. and do you have the coin.. always one of the questions lol

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
never, NEVER tune an 8 string with a too-light gauge low F# on one of those things. It will drive you fucking MAD.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess I'm wondering if the strobe on the Strobostomp would make it easier for setups than my TU-2 since it has a strobe function. Then again, it's not like I'm doing setups all the time.

·
The Tremol-No Guy
651 Posts
They're great tuners. i'd love to get another one at some point, but i just havent got around to getting the extra $$ for it. though, if i already had a tuner pedal, i dunno. It is a strobe tuner, which is awesome for setups, and driving you insane tuning.
Big ol' +1 on that.

For regular tuning, use a regular tuner.
Preferably one that can do cents.
I have a $20 Seiko that does it. Love it.

For setups and maintenance, GOTTA have a Peterson.
Whether a stomp or a VS-II/bench unit/rack unit/software.
They RULE in this category.

WARNING:
If you use a Peterson for tuning your 7, esp. those with trems, you will probably drive yourself insane.
It's so deadly accurate, that you will be tuning for a very long time (depending on your level of OCD).

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Given that it's 30 times as accurate, I'd say it's worth it. I wouldn't get along well with a TU-2, personally. ±3 cents isn't close enough for me, and I don't understand why my $20 Korg tuner can get within one cent, but most pedal tuners settle for ±3. I plan to get a Peterson later this year as I'm doing some rig overhauls.

·
Premium Member
11,451 Posts
I use mine for all my guitars, all the time. It's also my DI for my acoustic in my cover band. I cannot say enough good things about it - once you get used to it, it's not THAT hard to tune on one even live. Division actually uses the "sweetend" tuning.

The only downside is, of course, that you get used to tuning being that accurate, which makes you hyper-sensitive to it...

·
Uses more gain than you.
4,377 Posts
Given that it's 30 times as accurate, I'd say it's worth it. I wouldn't get along well with a TU-2, personally. ±3 cents isn't close enough for me, and I don't understand why my $20 Korg tuner can get within one cent, but most pedal tuners settle for ±3. I plan to get a Peterson later this year as I'm doing some rig overhauls.
Damn, and here I was thinking it was only as bad as the TU12, when instead it's even more of a piece of shit. Get rid of the Boss!:noway:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
I had a TU-2 and was using it to set up my guitars.

Then i got a StroboStomp, and re-did my intonation, which made me realize how shitty the accuracy of the TU-2 is. My guitars all sound better after setting them up with the Peterson. If you do your own tech work, you MUST have one. Anything else is shite.

·
MG.ORG Irregular
9,747 Posts
I need to get a decent tuner sometime, seems like every time I tune up with my POS silver korg shit the guitar is never actually in tune :lol: I hate that piece. Might just be old batteries though lol.

My birthday is in 3 days maybe I'll pick one up.

·
El Kabong
5,037 Posts
Have you tried the POS black Korg shit? I didn't think there was much of a difference between the two, but the CA-30 is pretty decent. It's no strobe tuner, but I've never had that problem with it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.