Metal Guitarist Forums banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
IIRC most high-end keyboards have tuning adjustments, so you can fit it in with other instruments. Considering how many pros use Buzz Feiten and/or Petersons, there has to be some sort of way to make it all work.

Now you know why people say the piano is equally wrong in every key... :lol:
You know, I'm not totally sure how a Rhodes is tuned. Our keyboardist's MIDI setup can be sweetened since he runs it through a laptop signal processor anyways, but the Rhodes might be a bit of a problem.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
You're like that Vince dude and the Slap Chop!
It's PetersonWow! Look at all the things you can tune with a PetersonWow.

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
You know, I'm not totally sure how a Rhodes is tuned. Our keyboardist's MIDI setup can be sweetened since he runs it through a laptop signal processor anyways, but the Rhodes might be a bit of a problem.
If it is a REAL Rhodes, then it probably has analog trim pots for each key.

·
I MG.org salute you.
2,501 Posts
If it is a REAL Rhodes, then it probably has analog trim pots for each key.
Don't think so. Rhodes are actually like an electrified music box. They use a "tine" to produce their notes. It's like having a tuning fork for every note. A small neoprene hammer hits the tine to produce the note.

Chapter Five: Tuning the Rhodes Piano

·
Premium Member
32,450 Posts
Don't think so. Rhodes are actually like an electrified music box. They use a "tine" to produce their notes. It's like having a tuning fork for every note. A small neoprene hammer hits the tine to produce the note.

Chapter Five: Tuning the Rhodes Piano
Oh, so they're not like other electric organs. OK, then he is most likely screwed. :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Yeah, it's a real Rhodes, all 158 pounds of it. I've had to help lug that thing up more back staircases than I'd care to count.

And yeah, he's screwed tuning-wise. It can be done, but it's probably not worth it.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.