Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a cool thing I've been using at times, and I wanted to show how it's done :flex:
Sure, it's nothing super secret, I bet anybody could come up with this, but it's still a really cool effect anybody can use, when playing riffs/melodies with constant picking

I begun using this technique on RRs last album:

Here, at 4:30

Here, at 5:15

There's a couple of more parts on that album using that I'm sure, and also I think I've done it before on another album, but I can't remember where :scratch:

·
Could be Hitler
7,666 Posts
FFS you rip so hard Ced :facemelt:
:hesright:

In all honesty though, as amazing as his guitar playing is it's his vocals that floor me every fucking time. Dude has an incredible and unique voice. Especially in his mid to lower register. :metal:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
1. I want your cover artist to paint a mural in my jam space :metal:

2. Where do I buy these albums?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. I want your cover artist to paint a mural in my jam space :metal:

2. Where do I buy these albums?
1. He's called Alan Lathwell, I don't have any contact with him, it's all through the label... Busy guy tho, and expensive... But at least I dont have to worry about that :flex:

2. Mike is right, even tho... it's possible to get stuff straight from me too

What the FUCK :lol:

https://www.amazon.com/Pagan-Ritual...=sr_1_8?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1470754159&sr=1-8

$50 for that?

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
3rd party sellers trying to make a buck. I once saw a copy of our still-in-print-and-easily-available CD "Trinity" on Amazon for $64. It still makes me chuckle. :lol:
Haha... Yeah "trying to", who the hell buys that, especially when it's not even sold out at other places? :lol:

Too late! :D
Awesome :agreed:

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Hell yeah, I love using that technique. Especially for fast hammer on/pull off runs. Gives the notes a more "menacing" character as Dallas toler-wade puts it

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hell yeah, I love using that technique. Especially for fast hammer on/pull off runs. Gives the notes a more "menacing" character as Dallas toler-wade puts it
No, that wasn't like I did it.

I move my hand back and fourth on the strings to create a "phaser/wah" effect. The "EQ" goes from bright to dark just like a wah would.
Watch my video (or songs) again :lol:

Nile only plays harmonics in one spot, so it's not really the same thing. I do that myself all the time too when I'm playing leads/melodies, but it's a different thing.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Ah gotchya, I only watched the first video, seemed like that's what you were doing. The second video gets your point across better

1 - 20 of 20 Posts