Metalguitarist.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry about another new thread but I have to hit this again. I observed on another thread that that Iommi's solo on Into The Void is very similar to Clapton's solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I have been thinking about this since I started my 1st controversal thread. The reason that these are two beautiful solos is the phrasing. A pretty melodic idea with great phrasing is what makes music beautiful. It's what makes Beck, Clapton, **** Taylor, Gilmour etc. great. Bach, Tchaikovsky. Van Morrison. Sinatra. Miles Davis. Great.
This is what I was getting at with some of the harsh singing styles and so on with some metal styles. It is challenging to me to find the characteristics of music that I am trying to describe with some styles.
Just a taste thing. Thanks, Jay

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This forum is really something. I never did this before. I looked at one or two others You guys are the guitar elite. Great conversations. See my thread in Technique, Lessons and so on about Advise/Songs. Jay

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about another new thread but I have to hit this again. I observed on another thread that that Iommi's solo on Into The Void is very similar to Clapton's solo on While My Guitar Gently Weeps. I have been thinking about this since I started my 1st controversal thread. The reason that these are two beautiful solos is the phrasing. A pretty melodic idea with great phrasing is what makes music beautiful. It's what makes Beck, Clapton, **** Taylor, Gilmour etc. great. Bach, Tchaikovsky. Van Morrison. Sinatra. Miles Davis. Great.
This is what I was getting at with some of the harsh singing styles and so on with some metal styles. It is challenging to me to find the characteristics of music that I am trying to describe with some styles.
Just a taste thing. Thanks, Jay
Sorry Snowblind not Into the Void

1 - 3 of 3 Posts