Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
ya boi
ESP, Kemper, Marshall
946 Posts
I've been hunting for the perfect pick for me, and recently I found I really like the Dunlop Ultex Sharp .73. That's lighter than I've been playing for the past few years, I typically go over 1mm, but I found a .73 on the floor somewhere, tried it out, and loved it. The perfect balance of floppiness and sturdiness. The first pick I've used that I get along with right away, instead of having to wear down a bit first.

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Ultex Jazz III XL. Perfect texture, perfect size, perfect tip, been using them for about a year now. Only problem is they're a transparent soft-yellow, so when you drop them they just absolutely fucking disappear into the carpet :lol:

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I haven't found the perfect pick for everything, so I use a different pick for different purposes...

For rhythm and live - Dunlop Max Grip Jazz III Carbon Fiber Guitar Picks

For leads in the studio - Dunlop Jazz III Sculpted Plectra, 1.4mm

For bass - Dunlop Delrin, 0.96mm

·
Registered
82 Posts
I quite like the Planet Waves Black Ice Heavy for pretty much everything, though used to prefer the extra heavy ones for metal

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Mine are $9 for 3.
That pick had better come with a tug-job on Saturday nights.

EDIT: Now that I say that, I'm picturing some guitar shop schlub telling his wife, "There was a run on these picks this week, so I have to work late Saturday."

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
The charred bones of my fallen enemies. When I cant find them, Dunlop jazz-sized Pitch Black 1.0's.

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
The charred bones of my fallen enemies. When I cant find them, Dunlop jazz-sized Pitch Black 1.0's.
Are you one of those guys who would drink from his enemy's skull if only it were dishwasher-safe?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts