Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get some suggestions for production pickups for a Carvin I've got coming in. Looking at Dimarzios (cuz there wouldn't have to be any routing) but I'd so love to get some SDs in there. Also please don't recommend BKPs, etc cuz I dont have the bread for them.

Specs on the carvin (pretty much a 7 string soloist in terms ofwoods)
Maple neck
Alder wings
Ebony fb
SS jumbos

Hit me up with suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm - never really tried the Invader. The only SD's I've tried in alder were the 80s JB that I found on ebay. That was an awesome pickup. I'm gonna research this pickup.

Thanks JF

·
Banned
13,827 Posts
I'm no "expert" on pickups, meaning that I haven't tried everything out there, but man, that Invader I installed in my alder 7 was full of bite. Loved it and I miss it a lot. It's zimbloth that convinced me to try it years ago.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
i think it might be a great fit dude, seriously. as much as i hate both of them, alder/maple/ebony and invaders go fucking great together :lol:

·
Dream Crusher
21,053 Posts
Actually, having played Ari's (WarriorOfMetal) homemade alder custom 7 with JB7 in the bridge, I really liked the sound. The JB7 sounded 'woofy' in my mahogany set-neck Dean Evo 7, but it was really tight, musical, and articulate in the alder Dragonrider.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Anyone swap out baseplates from an SD to say a cheap dimarzio new7? I have a new7 laying around and just thought maybe I could swap the baseplates and then not route the carvin?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.