Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I have an incoming NGD in the form of that Jackson PS2 Mattyus was selling, I'm after some suggestions for pickups. Alder bodied, H-S-S, bolt on maple neck with rosewood board and a Floyd. I play groovey/thrashy/melodeath type stuff, but this is for a new project that could be a bit more prog metal.

Humbuckerwise, I've got rough ideas that the Aldrich, Duncan JB and Duncan Custom seem good choices, but I'm not set on just those options and I have no idea for the singles.

So, suggest away...

·
Premium Member
3,391 Posts
The Nailbomb in my M207 worked perfectly for prog metal. It's not as aggressive as something like a D-Activator, Aftermath or Blackout or anything like that, so works out well. Worth a go anyway!

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
I have a miracle man for sale that works well in alder.

I've heard that the crunchlab works well in alder. Regarding the singles I have no idea at all

·
Read Only
1,374 Posts
Do you want true single coils or do you want hum buckers the look like single coils?

If you want true single coils, the Suhr MLs are fantastic, definitely my highest recommendation in that area.

If you want the humbucker sound though, look into Hot Rails.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
JB/Jazz set. Alder-bodied Jackson sound awesome with that combo.

·
Slow Money
14,612 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Hivemind)

noodles said:
JB/Jazz set. Alder-bodied Jackson sound awesome with that combo.
Lil jazzr is discontinued I thought?

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
That's right, it's SSH. So, a couple of Duncan Quarterpounders.

·
Read Only
3 Posts
I'd go custom in that guitar. Since BKPs are cheaper for you, the Holy Diver would be a great choice.

Really, anything BUT the current production JB :puke:

·
Sir Groove-A-Lot
Charvel So Cal & San Dimas
6,916 Posts
Well the JB is what I was going to put in it before losing interest. JB in the bridge, and either a hotrails neck, or a Li'l 59.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Interesting ideas guys. Definitely going to stick to true singlecoils in the middle and bridge, it's been a long time since I had a guitar with singlecoils

1 - 13 of 13 Posts