Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹɐln&#38
5,486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Captured: America in Color from 1939-1943 - Plog Photo Blog

These images, by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information, are some of the only color photographs taken of the effects of the Depression on America's rural and small town populations. The photographs are the property of the Library of Congress and were included in a 2006 exhibit Bound for Glory: America in Color.

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Man. Those are the oldest color pictures I've ever seen, and add a lot of depth to an era I've only basically been able to imagine.

·
Reverend Secret Flower
11,836 Posts
Man. Those are the oldest color pictures I've ever seen, and add a lot of depth to an era I've only basically been able to imagine.
agreed. the color makes it seem more real. black and white pictures make everything more glamorus and fake looking, but the color photos give texture and a real raw quality

·
Resident Rivethead.
1,541 Posts
agreed. the color makes it seem more real. black and white pictures make everything more glamorus and fake looking, but the color photos give texture and a real raw quality
:agreed: Yeah it really hits home and gives you that "it really did happen, and they really weren't much different..." sort of feeling.

Really amazing photos.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Wow those were crazy. Almost seemed fake since you never see color from back then. Many some of them people looked so battered and exhausted.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Man, just look at how African Americans lived. I bet those "houses" got blown away with every big storm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts