1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It all starts with a beer, and a plan.

Then you need some clubs:

And to UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY. :scream2:

And a little patience. Here's my buddy Tony. Being patient.

Why is he being patient, you ask?

This leads to the occasional poor sportsmanship. :idea:

But with the help of some friendly squirrels... :wub:

YOU UNLEASH THE FUCKING FURY SOME MORE. :scream2:

AND DROP SOME BOMBS! :scream2:

RAAAAARRRRR!!!

You're thinking "Man, if only there was some beaver.."

Voila!

Nice Beaver! :agreed:

And now... The 9th Hole.

(dramatic pause)

Two combatants ready to stroke some shafts and play with some balls!

Er.. Wait..

Lemme rephrase. :\

Anyway.

The tee shot: Despite being bombarded by suck golfers on the adjacent hole, our hero holds it together and delivers an on-the-green bomb. :metal:

Which ends up here:

DOES OUR HERO MAKE THE EAGLE? ON THE FIRST ROUND OF THE SEASON?

Fuck yeah, it's golf season! :D

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
:metal:

Man, I suck at golf, but I LOVE playing.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm supposed to go play in a golf tournament on the 22nd, and I've never played in my life.
Is it a scramble? Those are a BLAST dude, and you don't really need any skill as long as there's at least one person on your team that isn't awful. Don't be nervous, just go, swing away, and chug mucho beers.

·
Bro of Bros, Bro.
15,373 Posts
Is it a scramble? Those are a BLAST dude, and you don't really need any skill as long as there's at least one person on your team that isn't awful. Don't be nervous, just go, swing away, and chug mucho beers.
Not sure what it is, but it's here.

It's for the data division of Verizon, and they do these things all the time, and I'm sure it's going to be a free-for-all.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
Scrambles are awesome. Except... when you need at least ONE shot from each player. THEN, it gets interesting :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Scrambles are awesome. Except... when you need at least ONE shot from each player. THEN, it gets interesting :D
Usually they're best ball, so if it's a foursome (hah), you just play the best shot of the 4.

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
D'oh. I meant to say, at least one good shot per 9.

When I played in my company's golf outing, I had one good shot. Sadly, my team had to take one of my grand 9ft drives.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
EA Spokesman said:
We would regretfully, but also proudly, like to inform everyone that we are recalling all copies of Tiger Woods PGA Tour '09 on all next gen consoles. In place of this item, we shall be issuing copies of Chris Quigley's Drunken Divet Deployers '09 as it has more beer, beavers and Boston accents. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause...

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Not really an issue, though - over a long enough timeline you're bound to hit at least ONE useable shot. I'm, um, calling me a mediocore golfer is probably being too kind, but playing with Chris against Steve, I managed to make a handful of shots that we ended up playing.

Delfino - that would actually be a SERIOUSLY cool game, lol. Just, you forgot the commentary sung in power metal falsetto. :lol:

·
MG.org-er
2,137 Posts
Texas Scrambles and 2 Clubs and a Putter competitions can be great crack. It can make a nice change from the hard, unforgiving nature of strokeplay.

Don't get me started on stableford :noplease:.

·
Motherfucker.
3,459 Posts
Not really an issue, though - over a long enough timeline you're bound to hit at least ONE useable shot. I'm, um, calling me a mediocore golfer is probably being too kind, but playing with Chris against Steve, I managed to make a handful of shots that we ended up playing.

Delfino - that would actually be a SERIOUSLY cool game, lol. Just, you forgot the commentary sung in power metal falsetto. :lol:
And it's Quigley for the hoooooooooooooooooooooooole :kd:

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
And it's Quigley for the hoooooooooooooooooooooooole :kd:
I'm not even kidding, that's pretty much what I was hearing nonstop the one time I went golfing with him and Steve. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts