Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Canis lupis robertus
5,706 Posts
That dude is sweet as hell, too. And what tone. Great singer, great guitar player.

I feel like I should be watching a movie set in the bayou.

·
NICE BLACKMACHINE YO
7,276 Posts
It's just a wooden enclosure with a piezo element in it, designed to plug into your amp. He has a disclaimer against the thumping blowing your speaker - which is likely - and had a huge list of things that would improve the tone of the thumps, from buying extra logs in different woods, using steel-capped boots, and all his promotional stuff used to just slag off Boss and Roland products. He's stopped that though...legal threats are a powerful thing it seems. :lol:

They do work though.

·
18,790 Posts
I knew a guy back in school who had a home made one that sounded decent. As was said, basically a piezo element with a quarter inch jack, though his was a larger box (could get both feet on it comfortably spaced apart). He ran his into a DI box to the PA.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Holy fuck, that is well done! I gotta show this to my buddy.

·
It's not lupus.
1,689 Posts
I put a piezo element attached to the inside of my acoustic for the same effect, only I use a finger to tap it rather than using my foot. I might have to try making my own foot tapping box thingy...

·
Super Moderator
8,320 Posts
The first thing I thought was it looks like something you could make yourself. Some people have made their own electric drum kits over an the Toontrack forums!

His voice is fucking awesome. I wish I could sing like that. He could sing virtually an style with that voice and sound first rate. The song's great, and his playing is pretty nice. Must check out more of him.

The song reminded me a little of the menu screen music in Left 4 Dead 2 :D

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
I thought he looked familiar, Andrew was a little smaller when I met him, he is a top bloke and incredibly talented, give him an acoustic and a mic and he just sounds that good every time, he is also the type of guy that would rather play free for a group of friends who appreciate his stuff than a paying gig to patrons that couldn't give a shit what or who is playing.

Andrew Winton

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.