Metal Guitarist Forums banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
The improvement on this is immense, it was a total heap when he bought it. Now it's probably one of the best M3's in the country. It looks good in the pictures, but it's increadible in real life :agreed:

·
Obsessed by day glo Green
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
To further the idiocy, I've now upgraded the rear differential to have motorsport gearing. Think I might have reached the limit of what I can feasibly do without supercharging it...

·
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
nah, supercharging is a bit too much, by that point I'm straining the engine, andd would have to upgrade the fuel injectors, pump, cooling... all manner of things, and I'd lose the carbon airbox.

As it is, it's actually fast enough, but not too fast, it pulls nicely, but is a bit on the limit for road use in terms of being sensible, looks like i want it to, and is a nice place to be.

Not sure what the next thing is going to be, other than maintenance. Even though it needs a new radiator as the cooling only works (when aircon is on) at outside temperatures of less than 28 celcius. Mainly as I think after 165000 miles the radiator is probably full of crap so doesn't cool efficiently anymore. But, there's some nice electric overpowered radiators for that, but as summer is almost over, not anything I have to worry about for a good long time.

·
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
The mods look awesome! What year is the car?
2002, so pre facelift, but seeing as I've got the engine of a facelift car in it, and have facelift led rear lights, and have a facelift modified ECU to run the full CSL map sensor/air intake temp setup, i guess, well, the year is anyone's guess after all the mods, fixes, parts.

There's a fair amount of stuff you can't see on this car, and I think I've replaced almost everything bar the shell and the dash now...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.