Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
You mean for free, right?

It looks awful :lol:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's actually really not that bad, like the commercial make it out to be WAY more campy then it really is. There's also a fuckton of cameos that are fucking awesome, and the movie doesn't take itself too seriously either; it's just your regular movie with a sub-standard plot.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
it's just your regular movie with a sub-standard plot.
Then why are you recommending it? :scratch:

If a B movie doesn't have Samuel L Jackson saying "I've had it with these motherfucking snakes on this motherfucking plane" I'm not going to watch it.

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Think of the movies that have come out recently, and tell me how many actually had original idea behind them? Perhaps, sub-standard should be replaced with, not the most original and then it'll seem less harsh.

Also - see it because there's tons of titties in it :yesway:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That chick in the pic was the ultimate cockblock for the male lead. Poor dude :lol:

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gremlins is funny, but it's just an alright movie. Plus, if you put Phoebe Cates in a movie, she better be getting out of a pool and taking her top off :yesway:

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Apparently this flick is destined for legendary B-film status.

Movie Talk: 'Piranha 3D' and the Movies So Bad They're Good

Some online reviews are saying it's "Gremlins for adults."

:lol:
I saw that review - IIRC, the gist was that they thought the biggest problem with it ever becoming a cult "bad movie" classic was that at actually really wasn't all that bad, surprisingly. :lol:

Can someone give me a 3-sentence storyline?

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's spring break and all the college kids are there for parties and fucking shit up. There was an Earthquake which causes the cave under the lake to open up, which is where all the piranha have been. Piranha are now awake and hungry with dozens of college kids to feed on.

:D

There's another part to the plot that I don't wanna ruin because it's hilarious

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
They're not, like, toxic mutant piranhas with red glowey eyes? That's just what they decided piranhas should look like for this flick? :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
They're not, like, toxic mutant piranhas with red glowey eyes? That's just what they decided piranhas should look like for this flick? :lol:
Drew,

It's a movie about piranhas eating people. A plot is more or less perfunctory.

Regards,

Eric

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Drew,

It's a movie about piranhas eating people. A plot is more or less perfunctory.

Regards,

Eric
Eric,

For what it's worth, my good sir, as I read MFB's description, my exact thoughts were, 'Yeah, that'd about do it for a horror flick about piranhas... Sounds about right.'

Cheerio,

Drew

·
Premium Member
9,388 Posts
Drew,

Your analysis is keen indeed. Have a splendid day.

Regards,

Eric

·
DOO)))M
7,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not quite toxic, mutant glowy eye piranhas, but there IS something special about them that I could reveal if you wanted me too.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts