Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the Pure Tone output jacks that holds onto the cable with 2 more thingys than a regular output jack.
BUT... Planet Waves contact point is too short, and VERY easily cuts the signal.

So I have to get new cables.

Just wanted to share my experience with this and make sure nobody else does this mistake of combining these two.

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
I bought one of the Planet Waves American Stage cables to use with my bass rig. It showed up right before a gig, so I brought it thinking what could possibly go wrong, it is a cable. At that gig, halfway through the set I lost most of my bass signal. I reseated the cable and tried to be careful the rest of the set. After the show, I did some research and found many folks who have instruments with barrel jacks have issues with the cables because of the shape of the tips (and all my Spectors have barrel jacks). So now it sits in the unused cable pile I have.

·
Is Actually Recording
32,765 Posts
Aren't those the ones that are slightly oversized too, which makes it hard to go back to a different brand?

My RG3120's output jack, like Chris's mom, is somewhat loose, so I have to make a point of looping the cable first through the strap so it doesn't just fall out while I'm playing. :lol:

·
Arrr, Matey!
1,798 Posts
Nah they aren't oversized, but this is what can cause issues depending on the jack installed:

D'Addario's patented Geo-Tip™: Gives you the most secure connection possible. Ordinary cables tips don't allow for varying jack tolerances. But the D'Addario-designed patented Geo-Tip™ works with any jack to give you the most secure, trustworthy connection possible.

·
Premium Member
7,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and despite that it fails to fit the Pure Tone jack while my other cables I've tried fits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now my other cables are garbage and I wouldn't use them for recording, but at least they have a little longer connection point so... that means I just gotta look for another high quality cable with "normal length" connector point

Kinda of stupid of Daddario to make them shorter!!!

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
Aren't those the ones that are slightly oversized too, which makes it hard to go back to a different brand?

My RG3120's output jack, like Chris's mom, is somewhat loose, so I have to make a point of looping the cable first through the strap so it doesn't just fall out while I'm playing. :lol:
Small craft advisory...

·
Safe Spaces Advocate
3,125 Posts
and despite that it fails to fit the Pure Tone jack while my other cables I've tried fits :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now my other cables are garbage and I wouldn't use them for recording, but at least they have a little longer connection point so... that means I just gotta look for another high quality cable with "normal length" connector point

Kinda of stupid of Daddario to make them shorter!!!
Make your own...

+

+

=

1 - 11 of 11 Posts