Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://register.ageofconan.com/unlimited_trial/

Basically you can play through the first 20 levels indefinitely, and then decide if you actually want to subscribe. Heard this game was kinda blah, but mostly from MMO hardcores. I'm probably going to check it out. :yesway:

Get ready for the most savage, sexy and brutal MMO ever created!

This trial allows you to play all of the content on Tortage Island - for as long as you want at no cost whatsoever. Please note that a trial account has some limitations to avoid 'spam' and 'gold farmers': you can not trade with others, use in-game mail, public chat channels and you can not post on the forums.

All these limitations are lifted once you upgrade your account to the full version of the game. If and when you decide to upgrade your account you will receive an immediate boost to your progress through an exclusive and powerful beginner's item that increases both XP gain and your chance of performing fatality moves!

This offer is valid for those that create an account and log into the game before January 1st 2010.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I've heard the Tortage bit is the best part of the game and it goes downhill fast after that. I might just try it. I've never played an MMO, and I absolutely love the Conan universe. I wonder if my Mac Mini could run this...

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, that's pretty much what I hear as well. I'm installing it now on my laptop to take to Vegas with me today and fuck around with from my hotel.

No Mac client. :(

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Installing the ~9GB now, hope it finishes before I have to leave in a couple of hours. I'll post my dude's name when I get setup in the hotel. :yesway:

·
Registered
300 Posts
I'm having some trouble downloading. :( And we'll be on different servers which sucks.

I also just picked up KOTOR on Steam so I'll have to see when I have the time to play this.

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Download keeps stopping at exactly 1.5GB for me. I haven't even checked on the servers - they separate the US people, eh?

Either way this won't finish before I leave, and since it doesn't even download correctly I don't have high hopes. :lol:

·
Devil
1,871 Posts
I bought AoC when it came out. It was nice to play an MMO with less douchbaggery than most. However, it was buggy as hell and after you get out of Tortage, you run into extreme douchbaggery.

Too many grinding quests (kill 50 of this and 30 of that) and its a pain in the ass to start a decent guild or get into a nice, well established guild. Vibe's just not there for me.

BUT

It's 100x better than WoW which I hated even more and played even less.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts