Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I will be joining my friend's band Arkham Dispatch on January 28th at Blackshire Pub (Talbot St.) in London as guest on guitar! I haven't played live with a band since Summer 2008, and I've been friends with the band for a while.

Arkham Dispatch on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

We're sharing the stage with Polarity from Waterloo (Polarity on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads) and Karma Collision from London.

I'm very excited to have this opportunity as the Arkham guys are my friends and are taking their music and their band seriously. It's always a fun time and the parties go late.

It will be a good time :yesway:

·
Banned
180 Posts
just wondering how you feel interms of playing live? i play about 5 shows a year,
and as time goes by i feel more anxiety. how do you break that? i mean, you seem like you really want to go at it and play and have fun, which i want to do to, but i feel so nervous sometimes. haha, i got the nickname "rockman", not because i rock, but because i am stiff as a brick when i play solos.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might puke before I go up on stage. I always got nervous before shows, especially the last one I played (biggest to date).

I just need to make sure my nerves don't make me play too fast!

·
Banned
180 Posts
i played a show last year, december 11th, and i was sweating bullets. i was literally sweating buckets haha. after playing a few songs, i figured i get into it, but it got worse for me. at the end my body felt so heavy. my arms literally felt like i had rocks tied to them :p

its funny after i think about it though :D

·
Prague Owlmighty
1,770 Posts
The last show I played was this big ass metallica set with Leon. It was without doubt the biggest and most epic show I've ever played. Strangely enough, I was not nervous at all, and it has been the only time that I wasn't nervous while on stage. I guess you gotta just try to channel it into energy to put on a good show.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's true.

I hope the londoners make an appearance :yesway:

·
Banned
180 Posts
so i guess you're having practices every other day, right? haha, i remember getting into arguements with bandmates years ago before a show. :p ~ it was like a traditional or something.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we're having as many practices as we can. Had a slugeater practice followed by an arkham practice tonight, had an arkham jam last night, having another slugeater/arkham day thursday and arkham practice friday.. next week will probably be 3 arkham practices then the show.

Wild times.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Make sure to send Chris an invite. :yesway:

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have to be up at 8 for placement as much as I want to party with the guys :/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts