Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new in this forum. I introduced myself in a post, here is the link:

I bought a guitar around 10 years ago and I don't know what model it is. Could you please help me?

What I know about it:
It's a Randy Rhoads Jackson guitar made in Japan with 2 Duncan Designed pickups. It's scale is 25.5. It has Floyd Rose. When I bought it there were 3 springs in the Floyd Rose mechanism, but I bought two additionals. On the back of the neck in the lower part there is this number: "9847302".

I bought it for 7,500 mxn approx 9 years ago. Back then the dollar was worth approximately 13 mxn, so it would be 577 usd.
Currently the dollar is worth approximately 20 mxn, so it would be 376 usd if you use the current dollar price.

If you consider the inflation, 7,500mxn of 9 years ago is approximately 10,800mxn, which is 541 usd (if you use the current dollar price).

Here are some pictures:

Musical instrument Musical instrument accessory Sleeve Wood Fashion accessory

Hand Arm Sleeve Elbow Musical instrument accessory

Watch Sleeve Gadget Clock Font

Can someone identify which model is my guitar?

·
Registered
154 Posts
7 Digit Serials
Starts w/ | Type of Jackson Guitar
1 | Performer (MIK)
94 | 1994 MIJ Concept guitars, first two digits denotes year (only made in 1994)
9 | 1996+ MIJ (all MIJ series, even JS MIJ), started with 96xxxxx and went up sequentially (97,98, etc)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
7 Digit Serials
Starts w/ | Type of Jackson Guitar
1 | Performer (MIK)
94 | 1994 MIJ Concept guitars, first two digits denotes year (only made in 1994)
9 | 1996+ MIJ (all MIJ series, even JS MIJ), started with 96xxxxx and went up sequentially (97,98, etc)
Thank you for the information, I appreciate it very much.

I found a website that you put your Jackson guitar serial number and it tells you what model it is. The serial number is the number on the back of the neck in the lower part. My guitar serial number is 9847302. According to this website my guitar was manufactured in 1998 or in 2009 and the model is JS20s.

Here is the webiste: Jackson Guitars Serial Number Decoder - GuitarInsite

1 - 3 of 3 Posts