Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago, my bands label contacted us an asked if we would want to do a month long tour with some "bigger" bands. Since we are in the middle of writing new songs to record them in September, and we have no merch right now, and no van right now, we turned it down.

Yesterday we found out that the tour was with GWAR and Whitechapel.

Face meet palm...

I am at a loss for words. I am soooo bummed that I pissed away my biggest opportunity.

I guess you live and you learn.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Jeez. I know how that feels though man. My old band was scheduled to hit Japan and Australia this year before shit hit the fan and I quit. Missed tour opportunities blow. :lol:

·
F sharp
156 Posts
Jeez. I know how that feels though man. My old band was scheduled to hit Japan and Australia this year before shit hit the fan and I quit. Missed tour opportunities blow. :lol:
Would have probably sucked if you stuck it out playing with people you do not get along with.

·
Bork!
8,292 Posts
Would have probably sucked if you stuck it out playing with people you do not get along with.
It was only one person I couldn't get along with, and I toured with them for almost two years and tour was always a blast. :shrug: I just avoided our singer and it was all good. :lol:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Winter Will Follow.

Its like a bad mix between punk/hardcore/metal, I doubt anyone here would like it. But its a shit ton of fun to play and we are total jackasses on stage. So basically, it lets me be myself.

We have NO new material out since we had to change three of the five members.

We are going to be recording our next album in September. I'll post some stuff up here if anyone wants. We are finishing up a demo song one of these days as well.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Honestly, it's better to miss the opportunity if you're not ready, as it may have created bad reputation for your band if it didn't go well.

That said, I try to live by some advice given by a professor of mine: if a good opportunity comes along, say yes, and then make it work. Sometimes if you think it over first you'll say no because you don't think you'll be ready, but you'd be amazed what you are capable of when you have deadlines and goals that you can't back out of.

·
F sharp
156 Posts
I would love to hear some of your stuff

Winter Will Follow.

Its like a bad mix between punk/hardcore/metal, I doubt anyone here would like it. But its a shit ton of fun to play and we are total jackasses on stage. So basically, it lets me be myself.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is a shitty video from our last show. My fiance does guest vocals on this song. And Im the fat guy with the white guitar.

Also, Im fairly certain no one here will like it.

·
F sharp
156 Posts

·
crying in your beer
3,782 Posts
That sucks man, I know how you feel.

2 years ago, we were offered the support slot on Cattle Decapitation's European Tour...we had to decline because the tour-start was at the same date our bassist FINALLY (after a year of unemployment) could start his new job...

They kicked him in the second week.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That sucks man, I know how you feel.

2 years ago, we were offered the support slot on Cattle Decapitation's European Tour...we had to decline because the tour-start was at the same date our bassist FINALLY (after a year of unemployment) could start his new job...

They kicked him in the second week.
Ouch. That would SUCK. I would probably kick him in the knee cap for that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts