Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Señor Member
12,297 Posts
Any idea how these stack up with the usual sales/prices? I hopped on all the plugin mailing lists a few months back and I noticed most of them have rotating sales where the final prices seem to always be the same, but occasionally a real bargain jumps out.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any idea how these stack up with the usual sales/prices? I hopped on all the plugin mailing lists a few months back and I noticed most of them have rotating sales where the final prices seem to always be the same, but occasionally a real bargain jumps out.
Yeah, thats pretty much how all the companies do it now. I think the prices are pretty good but I am sure Black Friday will be the best of the year.

I picked up the bx_boom for $10 If you are lazy like me and want more ooomph to your kick, its killer. Here is a quick example I just put together

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Is it just a parallel compressor? If it was cheap enough and it would enable me to be extra lazy instead of using Compassion to do it, I'd probably buy it. :lol:

The problem with that kind of thing is that it's super easy to overdo it. Bitchin' Kick of Doom sounds awesome when you're just mixing drums but can quickly turn into Gene Holgan Live Mix (unlistenable mess) in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Chris I think its a specific range dynamic EQ / compressor. (I am guessing) It only targets certain frequencies when they reach a certain threshold.
Three different center frequencies; ‘LO’ (32Hz), ‘MID’ (48Hz) & ‘HI’ (64Hz)
Test out the trial. Thats what I did and within minutes I bought it for $10, no brainer

@Randy Thanks man!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts