Metal Guitarist Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
Sleek. :yesway:

What's so different about polarized lenses? And they don't do those with prescription lenses, do they? I've been looking for a set...

EDIT - "Available with Oakley Authentic Prescription Lenses." Why so they do. :D

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sleek. :yesway:

What's so different about polarized lenses? And they don't do those with prescription lenses, do they? I've been looking for a set...
They're anti-glare. They don't make things darker, so much as they make everything clearer. It's kinda cool, I can see the polarization in the rear window of my car, and since my car stereo's illumination is Amber, it dims it a bit. The former is cool, the latter will take some getting used to.

Polarized Sunglasses: How They Reduce Glare

·
Premium Member
32,765 Posts
But they're tinted too, right? For most of the shit I'd wear them for, those look ideal.

Have you taken a spin on your bike with them on? how are they for wind protection on your eyes?

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
But they're tinted too, right? For most of the shit I'd wear them for, those look ideal.

Have you taken a spin on your bike with them on? how are they for wind protection on your eyes?
I use a pair of much thicker framed Oakleys on my motorcycle, because they touch the area around my eyes to block the wind. These are more day to day/driving classes.

:beard:

·
NSLALP
13,286 Posts
They're anti-glare. They don't make things darker, so much as they make everything clearer. It's kinda cool, I can see the polarization in the rear window of my car, and since my car stereo's illumination is Amber, it dims it a bit. The former is cool, the latter will take some getting used to.
Tilt your head like an owl while looking at polarized light sources (LCDs, etc.) You'll lose your freakin' mind, man. :metal:

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

They're great on the water and are fantastic for driving, especially in winter when you get a lot of glare from snowy or wet roads.

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
+
+

=

;)

I've had 5-6 pairs of oakleys since the early 90's, I refuse to use anything else.
They're great! You don't have to take them off when you enter a tunnel and they're great during snowy conditions aswell.

Edit: :ninja:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pair of Oakleys that these are replacing are ones that I bought myself with the bonus I got from working the Y2K bug at an old IT job.

You get what you pay for, and Oakleys are the goods. :yesway:

·
THUNDERBEEEEAR!
3,920 Posts
The pair of Oakleys that these are replacing are ones that I bought myself with the bonus I got from working the Y2K bug at an old IT job.

You get what you pay for, and Oakleys are the goods. :yesway:
QFT!

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Dethphone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I just wish my eyes weren't as shitty as they are... You can't get wraparound sunglasses when you're seriously near-sighted. :(

·
Mr. Negative Pants, ,
14,796 Posts

I'd love a pair of Rx polarized Gascans. :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.