Metal Guitarist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

I've run into the Lander sisters from Kittie from time to time, though our city's not huge and neither is our scene (lots of bands, but it's pretty much just bands watching bands, and their friends). They're probably the biggest out of London.

·
Retarded P.A Overlord.
14,248 Posts
Not in my local scene, but I know Stu played a venue in Liverpool that Bill Walker from Carcass is always at.

·
Not baked anymore.
3,555 Posts

I know Dave gets a LOT of shit around here, but this is pretty cool. No doubt he knows or is friends with someone in Soundgarden, if not, then a promoter or someone to get him backstage or a side of the stage spot, but instead chose to go down on the floor and actually enjoy the show as a fan.

Shit, I don't even get that close to the stage anymore.

·
18,790 Posts
Dave Grohl on the floor at Soundgarden!! 7-22-11 L.A. - YouTube

I know Dave gets a LOT of shit around here, but this is pretty cool. No doubt he knows or is friends with someone in Soundgarden, if not, then a promoter or someone to get him backstage or a side of the stage spot, but instead chose to go down on the floor and actually enjoy the show as a fan.

Shit, I don't even get that close to the stage anymore.
I know Greg Graffin from Bad Religion used to get in the pit at shows still (not their own shows, seeing other bands), up until maybe the last 10 years when his back got too bad.

I was just listening to a podcast with George "Corpsegrinder" Fisher where he was talking about going to shows of all different genres and having people recognize him and say "What are you doing here?" :lol: Specifically punk shows (he's a big fan of Off With Their Heads, whose singer was the host of the podcast I was listening to) and Hank III and other good country.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I used to run into Dave Grohl at the Springfield, VA Mars Music back in the early 2000s. He's one of the coolest guys on the planet.

Jim Malone and Randy Blythe would drive up to Jaxx (also in Springfield) to catch certain shows that didn't come to Richmond.

·
Super Moderator
4,876 Posts
i was going to say dave grohl.

i know Sam Dunn that did the global metal, metal: a headbangers journey, flight 666 etc just goes to shows. he's from vic so he's been to a couple of my bands shows. he's a total dude. pays to get in like everyone else and just generally loves metal.

·
Premium Member
8,188 Posts
I've ran into the Queesryche dudes out and about quite a bit. Mostly Eddie Jackson and Parker Lundgren. Also see Jeff Loomis sometimes. And Krist Novoselic pops up here and there. Metal Church etc...

·
Hates Richie Kotzen
14,719 Posts
Jim Malone and Randy Blythe would drive up to Jaxx (also in Springfield) to catch certain shows that didn't come to Richmond.
All the guys in Arsis are awesome dudes. :yesway:

The dudes in Havok are at a lot of Denver shows, they are a pretty popular band in the high school kid demographic, Chris likes them too for some reason.

Metal "popularity" is a pretty fickle thing though, it's like, internet man children adore you, gross metal sluts will hit on you, and Asian foreigners you've never met will like your social media posts in the hundreds. Other than that they are just like the rest of us.

·
Les Paul Nut
8,077 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)dio:)

I used to run into Dave Grohl at the Springfield, VA Mars Music back in the early 2000s. He's one of the coolest guys on the planet.

Noodles is being positive and nice.

:panic:

·
18,790 Posts
James said "musicians".

:lol:

Mercedes is actually quite a good drummer, and is still playing in her other band The Alcohollies while Kittie's not doing much. All girl rock band with another former Kittie member.

Haven't heard anything from Morgan outside of Kittie. I know they've been selling a bunch of old gear they don't use, which includes lots of 3-pickup Vs from various manufacturers :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

Mercedes is actually quite a good drummer, and is still playing in her other band The Alcohollies while Kittie's not doing much. All girl rock band with another former Kittie member.

The Alcohollys - Flashback to 93 - YouTube

Haven't heard anything from Morgan outside of Kittie. I know they've been selling a bunch of old gear they don't use, which includes lots of 3-pickup Vs from various manufacturers :lol:
Kittie was one of the first bands I got into as a young teen and snuck into the Annandale Hotel when I was 15 to see them live when they were in their original 4 piece incarnation. Then I saw them 2 years later at the Enmore Theatre and they were pretty cool after both gigs just hanging with people and chatting to them and whatnot.

·
18,790 Posts
Wirelessly posted :)sponge:)

Version_6 said:

The Alcohollys - Flashback to 93 - YouTube

Kittie was one of the first bands I got into as a young teen and snuck into the Annandale Hotel when I was 15 to see them live when they were in their original 4 piece incarnation. Then I saw them 2 years later at the Enmore Theatre and they were pretty cool after both gigs just hanging with people and chatting to them and whatnot.
Yeah, they're pretty decent people, from the times I've run into them.

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
Wirelessly posted

I didnt know my friend was dating their bassist until after they broke up :lol:

·
Read Only
10 Posts
The guys from Godsmack are great about this kind of thing. They're from the next town over from me, and I've probably seen them more at my friends bands shows than I have at their own.

Good bunch of guys, always super sociable and supportive of whatever bands are playing. :yesway:

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
ITT: Noodles said something A) Positive and B) about a dude most people love to hate.

I can't say that I'm a fan of Randy Blythe's voice, but he's absolutely one of the coolest guys you'd ever hope to meet. My respect for him as only gone up as I've seen him deal with the murder trial and becoming clean and sober; he has such a mature, positive outlook on life. :yesway:

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I ran into Arsis twice in a month at the Wave in Norfolk on the club's weekly goth/industrial night a few years ago. I didn't recognize any of them except Jim Malone though since they've been through a lot of members. Just by sheer coincidence I was already wearing my Arsis hoodie there too :rofl:

I think Dave Grohl hangs out at Black Cat in DC too.

·
I am Groot
32,450 Posts
The last tim I saw Jim, he had just lost all that weight, so I didn't really recognize him. He came and stood right in front of Mike and I, and we were going "Is that...you know?" "It looks like it could be his kid brother..." "Nah, it can't be, right?" Whatever the opening band was, they sucked, so we went to grab a beer. Jim walks in a minute later, spots us, and says, "Hey, you're those dudes in Division, right?"

You have to remember that the last time I hung out with Jim, he was bigger, and it was while my wife was watching Shadow's Fall. Arsis was doing tour support, and the two of us proceeded to get fotally tit shaced. :lol:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts