Metal Guitarist Forums banner
261 - 280 of 312 Posts

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Current iteration of my bass pedalboard.

I really need to tidy up and consolidate this into one singular board. Then add some Free The Tone stuff like an ARC switching system, Midi pedal, and cable junction boxes to make setup/teardown and actual switching much easier for myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all!!

That's mine. The pedalboard is an Aclam Smart Track S2, (velcro-free!) a clever idea for those like me who sometimes need to work with one or two pedals but don't want to disarm the entire board for it.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
I've been thinking of adding an OCD to my board to use as a boost for the bits when the bassist seems to swallow me up live (lots of distortion on him and lots of delay/verb on me), how are you finding it Leon? Also, how does the Mojo Mojo you had before compare?

Obligatory picture of my board:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
I've been thinking of adding an OCD to my board to use as a boost for the bits when the bassist seems to swallow me up live (lots of distortion on him and lots of delay/verb on me), how are you finding it Leon? Also, how does the Mojo Mojo you had before compare?
If I had to give a few unique adjectives for each of the OD's currently on the board, compared to the MojoMojo...

SoulFood - smooth, nice compression
Interstellar - lots of harmonics, almost envelopey when turned up (the way I have it set)
Catalyst - eh, kinda fuzzy :lol:
OCD - chewy, thick, running controls about where the SoulFood is set
MojoMojo - basic green-style OD with EQ @ noon, love the bass control

I'll probably take the Catalyst off, and might stick the Mojo2 back on there. I just need to get some more power cable splitters!

Obligatory picture of my board:

So then, Delay>Reverb>Delay. How's that sound? I have a Boss DD3 that I think I want to put back on, replacing the Ghost Echo (an... eh, ok... spring-like reverb), and I want to try something like that. Might be DD3>Afterneath>DispatchMaster.

·
is on drug whatever
6,523 Posts
So then, Delay>Reverb>Delay. How's that sound?
Soupy. :lol:

To make things worse this is all driven into the front end of my amp (no loop), the RV-3 and DD-7 being on all the time with the RAT. the PS-3 only comes on for a couple of bits as it's almost guaranteed to make you get lost in the mix on mode 7 unless you're playing on the treble strings.

I think with the OCD I'm looking for something to use the 18v out on my power supply and I've heard good things about this pedal that also happens to do 18v. :lol:

·
Premium Member
23,428 Posts
All the Fulltone pedals I've got run 18v (FullDrive 2, Fat-Boost 3, Catalyst), so that really opens it up for me.

AAaaaaand I just checked the Fulltone website, and it looks like the "Secret Freq" can also run 18v, it's an OD/Dist. I might have to try it... :lol:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts

The latest iteration of the main board.

Still working on getting it to work to my ideal needs (the ARC-53M only has 4 midi channels, and the current 4 plug junction can't run the 4 cable method yet), but it's getting closer. Once I get fluent with midi, I'll grab a the bigger ARC3 (for more midi channels), and an 8 plug junction box and use all of my current stuff for my bass rig.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts

Still working on getting it to work to my ideal needs (the ARC-53M only has 4 midi channels, and the current 4 plug junction can't run the 4 cable method yet), but it's getting closer. Once I get fluent with midi, I'll grab a the bigger ARC3 (for more midi channels), and an 8 plug junction box and use all of my current stuff for my bass rig.
Looks awesome! I didn't know FTT made an ES-8. :lol:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts

Looks awesome! I didn't know FTT made an ES-8.
Free The Tone and Providence were making ES-8s before ES-8s were even a thing. :D

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Yuki Hayashi had a hand in designing the Boss units.

·
i am the owl
2,700 Posts
Haven't posted a pic of mine, in a while, pretty happy with it overall. Might look into some sort of switcher soon though, the tap dance gets pretty comical during some parts of our set :lol:
Electronic instrument Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Gadget Computer hardware

·
Registered
11 Posts

Chain order:
TCE Crescendo auto swell - Blackstar HT-Dual Distortion - Belcat tremolo - TCE Sub N Up Octaver - TCE Vortex Flanger - TCE Shaker vibrato - TCE Flashback Digital Delay and TCE Mini Spark Boost.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I recently did a concert as a musical director for a gospel band. But I was also playing both guitar and keyboards. As there was no backing track used, I had to figure out a way to be able to multi-task a la Geddy Lee style. So became the biggest rig I ever assembled:

Full Rundown:

Ibanez Guitars (w/Dimarzio Pickups)
-
RG1550M (Drop D)
RG550 (E Standard)
RG620X (E Standard w/piezo acoustic pickup)
RG1527 (B Standard)

Signal Chain

Guitar
Pedalboard 1
Free The Tone Junction Box
-
Piezo Acousitc Guitar
FTT Junction Box
Fishman DI to FOH
FTT Flight Time Delay 2 in Loop
-
Electric Guitar
FTT Junction Box
FTT Final Booster
Morley AB Switch > Split to Main Guitar and Guitar Synth
-
Guitar Synth
Morley AB Switch (B)
Boss SY300 Guitar Synth
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander
EQD Rainbow Machine
FTT Junction Box to FOH
-
Main Guitar
Morley AB Switch (A)
Pedalboard 2
FTT Junction Box 2
Real McCoy Custom Wizard Wah
Digitech Whammy DT
FTT Arc 53M Loop Switch System
FTT Junction Box 2 to Amp
-
Arc 53M Loops
Tuner: TC Electronic Polytune 2
Loop 1: FTT Silky Comp > FTT Red Jasper Overdrive (clean sounds)
Loop 2: FTT Gigs Boson (mid gain/solo boost)
Loop 3: FTT Heat Blaster (high gain)
Loop 4: Eventide Pitch Factor > Eventide Modfactor
Loop 5: Eventide Timefactor > Strymon Bigsky Reverb
-
Guitar Amp
EVH 5150 III 50w Head > EVH 5150 III 2x12 Cab (Green channel only)
-
Keyboard 1
Yamaha MX61 > FOH
Midi
Roland PK5 Midi Foot Controller
-
Keyboard 2
Korg MicroKorg Synth > FOH
Midi
Keith McMillen Midi Box > KM 12 Step Foot Midi Foot Controller

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
I recently did a concert as a musical director for a gospel band. But I was also playing both guitar and keyboards. As there was no backing track used, I had to figure out a way to be able to multi-task a la Geddy Lee style. So became the biggest rig I ever assembled:

Full Rundown:

Ibanez Guitars (w/Dimarzio Pickups)
-
RG1550M (Drop D)
RG550 (E Standard)
RG620X (E Standard w/piezo acoustic pickup)
RG1527 (B Standard)

Signal Chain

Guitar
Pedalboard 1
Free The Tone Junction Box
-
Piezo Acousitc Guitar
FTT Junction Box
Fishman DI to FOH
FTT Flight Time Delay 2 in Loop
-
Electric Guitar
FTT Junction Box
FTT Final Booster
Morley AB Switch > Split to Main Guitar and Guitar Synth
-
Guitar Synth
Morley AB Switch (B)
Boss SY300 Guitar Synth
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander
EQD Rainbow Machine
FTT Junction Box to FOH
-
Main Guitar
Morley AB Switch (A)
Pedalboard 2
FTT Junction Box 2
Real McCoy Custom Wizard Wah
Digitech Whammy DT
FTT Arc 53M Loop Switch System
FTT Junction Box 2 to Amp
-
Arc 53M Loops
Tuner: TC Electronic Polytune 2
Loop 1: FTT Silky Comp > FTT Red Jasper Overdrive (clean sounds)
Loop 2: FTT Gigs Boson (mid gain/solo boost)
Loop 3: FTT Heat Blaster (high gain)
Loop 4: Eventide Pitch Factor > Eventide Modfactor
Loop 5: Eventide Timefactor > Strymon Bigsky Reverb
-
Guitar Amp
EVH 5150 III 50w Head > EVH 5150 III 2x12 Cab (Green channel only)
-
Keyboard 1
Yamaha MX61 > FOH
Midi
Roland PK5 Midi Foot Controller
-
Keyboard 2
Korg MicroKorg Synth > FOH
Midi
Keith McMillen Midi Box > KM 12 Step Foot Midi Foot Controller

261 - 280 of 312 Posts