Metal Guitarist Forums banner
281 - 300 of 312 Posts

·
Guiterrorizer
15,696 Posts
A video of you running a couple sounds with that insane rig would have been sweet :yesway:

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
So, how did the shuttle launch went? :lol:
We packed it up, and shot it up. Then BANG! A hero's death!

In all seriousness, it was actually easy to operate. I only used the Fishman on 2 songs, and the Guitar Synth was only on whenever I needed certain synth sounds (I only used 3 or for 1 think, and mostly changed between songs). For the guitar pedalboard, I didn't really tap dance much either. About 2-3 patches per song and that's it.

The real challenge was the actual playing. Trying to play the auxiliary keyboard parts with the Roland and KMs while playing guitar. But I've got a massive hero worship for Rush to get that down pat, so all good. At one point I did the whole Immortal Guardian shtick. :lol: Thankfully it was only for one song.

A video of you running a couple sounds with that insane rig would have been sweet :yesway:
I probably should've made one on the night considering it surprisingly didn't take long to set up (the keyboards took longer than the pedals). But unfortunately it totally didn't cross my mind. :lol: I still haven't disassembled the rig so I might chuck some 1 min sound runs on IG or something.

·
18,790 Posts
I recently did a concert as a musical director for a gospel band. But I was also playing both guitar and keyboards. As there was no backing track used, I had to figure out a way to be able to multi-task a la Geddy Lee style. So became the biggest rig I ever assembled:

Full Rundown:

Ibanez Guitars (w/Dimarzio Pickups)
-
RG1550M (Drop D)
RG550 (E Standard)
RG620X (E Standard w/piezo acoustic pickup)
RG1527 (B Standard)

Signal Chain

Guitar
Pedalboard 1
Free The Tone Junction Box
-
Piezo Acousitc Guitar
FTT Junction Box
Fishman DI to FOH
FTT Flight Time Delay 2 in Loop
-
Electric Guitar
FTT Junction Box
FTT Final Booster
Morley AB Switch > Split to Main Guitar and Guitar Synth
-
Guitar Synth
Morley AB Switch (B)
Boss SY300 Guitar Synth
Earthquaker Devices Bit Commander
EQD Rainbow Machine
FTT Junction Box to FOH
-
Main Guitar
Morley AB Switch (A)
Pedalboard 2
FTT Junction Box 2
Real McCoy Custom Wizard Wah
Digitech Whammy DT
FTT Arc 53M Loop Switch System
FTT Junction Box 2 to Amp
-
Arc 53M Loops
Tuner: TC Electronic Polytune 2
Loop 1: FTT Silky Comp > FTT Red Jasper Overdrive (clean sounds)
Loop 2: FTT Gigs Boson (mid gain/solo boost)
Loop 3: FTT Heat Blaster (high gain)
Loop 4: Eventide Pitch Factor > Eventide Modfactor
Loop 5: Eventide Timefactor > Strymon Bigsky Reverb
-
Guitar Amp
EVH 5150 III 50w Head > EVH 5150 III 2x12 Cab (Green channel only)
-
Keyboard 1
Yamaha MX61 > FOH
Midi
Roland PK5 Midi Foot Controller
-
Keyboard 2
Korg MicroKorg Synth > FOH
Midi
Keith McMillen Midi Box > KM 12 Step Foot Midi Foot Controller
That is glorious, no pun intended.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts
Cheers fellas. :cheers:

Unfortunately, no, I don't have clips of the rig, and I've actually started disassembling it. :lol: I have to refine my larger pedalboard ready for preproduction for my next album so I'll rebuild another dual board that utilizes the Boss Synth and Fishman.

I do add short clips of some of my gear on IG, and I'm trying to add more whenever I can squeeze time in. I do need to properly utilize my tube and SC profiles, maybe when my next album comes out.

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Super neat & tidy Jeff, but where's the Metal Zone? :scratch:
You know, I kinda want to get one for nostalgia's sake. It was my first "real" distortion pedal, and when I was young and naive, I thought it was awesome. :lol: I wouldn't mind another, and then having someone mod it.

But in the end, you don't need a Metal Zone for Foghat tone. :D

·
Banned
21,673 Posts
Dang, that's quite impressive. Both in the selection of pedals and the implementation.
Did you put that together yourself?
Nope. The owner of the shop I work for did it. He does lots of pedalboards and racks for local area bands.

·
Dead & likes Rendang
3,170 Posts

I have a few bass sessions coming up for a few days. There's not much need for effects that I normally use, so I broke it down to the barest essentials on this pedalboard. I feel so naked. :lol:

Once I'm done, I'll be dismantling the tiny rig and finally start refining my full bass pedalboard.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
Just started putting this together.

Font Electronic instrument Electronic device Gadget Audio equipment

I have a few more on my list for phase two (Wampler Ego and Tumnus and Possibly A Dracarys, Polytune mini and some sort of EQ)
I really dig the Rockboard

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
Very neat. Don't you find the cut ends of the zip ties catch your hands when coiling up the snake though?

281 - 300 of 312 Posts