Metal Guitarist Forums banner
301 - 312 of 312 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
Very neat. Don't you find the cut ends of the zip ties catch your hands when coiling up the snake though?
I sanded them down, but yeah they do a little. I've used this pedalboard live a bunch of times in the last year and it never bothered me. I picked up a larger Boss pedal case that perfectly fits the pedalboard with the snake cable wrapped up underneath it. The only neater thing I could really do is go in on a rack unit like an Axe Fx II or a Digitech 1101. I had the G System in a rack, but I've just found the MS3 to be surprisingly superior to the G System in every way imaginable. I had a Pedalsnake for awhile, but I found the MIDI-style end connectors just annoyed me. Of course I'm open to suggestions :agreed:

Where did you get that Input/output bay for the patch cables? I'm assuming that is a pedaltrain.
The pedalboard is the Donner version of the Pedaltrain Jr. Same pedalboard, half the price. The patch bay is a Temple Audio one I epoxied to the underside to make it easier to plug in quickly. The MIDI jack is the only one I've had difficulty with, I just have it velcro'd to the bottom and need to upgrade how it's held on soon.

·
Mod Britannia
7,233 Posts
I sanded them down, but yeah they do a little. I've used this pedalboard live a bunch of times in the last year and it never bothered me. I picked up a larger Boss pedal case that perfectly fits the pedalboard with the snake cable wrapped up underneath it. The only neater thing I could really do is go in on a rack unit like an Axe Fx II or a Digitech 1101. I had the G System in a rack, but I've just found the MS3 to be surprisingly superior to the G System in every way imaginable. I had a Pedalsnake for awhile, but I found the MIDI-style end connectors just annoyed me. Of course I'm open to suggestions :agreed:
I found some nice double sided velcro tape that I used for wrapping around. Just spiral round the cables for an inch or so every so often and it won't slice your hands, plus you can reconfigure the snake on a whim.

But I've moved to an all rack setup and I'm busily working on pairing it down until I just have the one cable to the front of the stage to carry midi and power to my controller.

·
Premium Member
7,708 Posts
But I've moved to an all rack setup and I'm busily working on pairing it down until I just have the one cable to the front of the stage to carry midi and power to my controller.
I hear you man, I used to run a rack years ago with just a 7-pin MIDI going to a floorboard. I've strongly considered racking the JP2c and adding a GSP 1101 or an Axe FX II and just calling it a day, but I so love how little and powerful the MS3 is. Plus pedals are fun :agreed:

·
OldSchool Blacksmith
2,866 Posts
How do you like that Drop pedal? Been thinking about trying one out...

301 - 312 of 312 Posts